Be a Clown

Batman: The Animated Series 'Fan Fiction Love Story'

By Tayla Drago

Episode #8 – Be A Clown

Mayor Hill is giving a speech at a construction site, saying the new block of apartments being built will herald a new, safer Gotham City. The speech is rudely interrupted by a pair of criminals who crash their getaway car and then open fire on the police pursuing them. And Megan appears to try slowing the car down.

"Alright! Freeze!" she fires at the car tires. "Don't say I didn't warn you two."

The car crashes into the stands to almost fall on top of Mayor Hill for Megan pushes him aside before it landed on top of him.

"Ms. Tsuki. You saved me!" he was thankful.

"Yeah, yeah, glad to see you alive too. And you're welcome." she helps out the cops. "Watch it! Open fire!"

Batman appears and takes them down.

"Batman!" the two crocks said in fear.

Nice hit for those guys to thrown into the trash barrel and for Megan to make such a loud sound by using a baton.

"Wake up! We caught you, boys!"

"Garbage takes out is usually on Mondays, but in this case...You two are nothing but trash." Batman said to the bad guys and then takes off. "See you around, Megan."

"Later, Batman."

So much for Summer Gleeson and the other TV reporters trying to get to talk to Batman. Rising from the podium he ducked under, Hill resumes the thread of his speech, railing against men who act outside the law, including Batman, whom Hill compares him to other criminals like the Joker.

"Regarding safety to the city, sir?" Summer asks the mayor. "You were saying...?"

Megan helps Mayor Hill to come out of hiding.

"Please, Batman and I got this crime fighting thing under control."

"Well...Um..." he tries to speak up. "What happen was...an isolated event. There are just a few rotten apples giving an otherwise peaceful community a bad name."

Then Summer asks Mayor Hill this question for Megan to overhear all of this.

"Do you include Batman in those rotten apples, Mayor?"

"Absolutely. He and criminals like the Joker are cut from the same cloth."

Megan got mad at the mayor for saying those harsh words, she never like people giving others who are saving lives like Batman does a bad name.

"Hey!!!" she was angry.

"Now, now, Ms. Tsuki! Calm down!" he said to her. "Not from you being one of the rotten apples, although you do need a better boyfriend...I mean, you are a bounty hunter with honor to put your life on the line for others to get the job done and catch those terrible villains out there."

And why is Mayor Hill still running Gotham to be a total jerk?

"Boyfriend?" Megan was confused. "What does that mean? Nice way to say such cheerful things about me by the way. But in any of your rotten apples, is the Joker. I mean what is he the king of fools of his own villain type of merchandise? Or the king of idiots?"

"Exactly, Ms. Tsuki." Mayor Hill said to still be missing the entire point of this whole thing. "Between Batman and the Joker, there are nothing but cut throating criminals alike to give Gotham a very bad name just thinking about those two."

Megan just gives up and then takes her leave live on TV.

"Oh! I give up! I'm out! (Mayor Hill?! More like a mayor of the big joke!)"