Tyger Tyger

Batman: The Animated Series 'Fan Fiction Love Story'

By Tayla Drago

Episode #36 – Tyger Tyger

Selina Kyle enters the Gotham Zoo after-hours and examines a tiger kept in captivity.

"Hello, handsome. It's criminal to keep you like this. If I had my way, you'd be running free, and the humans who did this would be put in here."

She calmly talks to the tiger, unaware of a sniper watching her from a tree. The sniper shoots her with a tranquilizer and jumps out at her. Selina insists that she let the man get to the tiger, but her assailant tells her that's not what he's there for. Megan tries to find her friend to see she was late for something with Bruce, finding her at the zoo only for danger to happen, she was being kidnapped.

"(Selina? What's going on?)" she moves in closer to see her kidnapper. "Huh? A gorilla?!"

A security guard arrives and sees the sniper carrying off Selina and is horrified by his gorilla-like appearance.

"What the?!"

"Don't move!" Megan got out her gun. "Drop my friend!"

"Make me..." said the gorilla man.

The guard is shoved into the tiger pit and the sniper runs off with Selina as Megan tries stopping him with her fighting skills, he stabs her with something on her hand to drop her guard to get kicked to the ground.

"Too strong...!"

The gorilla smirks to carry Selina away, and Megan feeling a bit weak to save the guard's life from the tiger by using her ribbon to pull him back up.

"Nice tiger...! Ah!" he was saved. "Thanks, Megan, was that your friend just now?"

"Yeah, it was. (Ah, man! My arm's numb. What did the ape thing shoot me with?)"

Meanwhile, Bruce Wayne waits for Selina outside a restaurant and gets worried as she's very late. He calls Alfred, who knows nothing. Fortunately, an employee arrives and tells Bruce about Selina called and said she'd be late, as she would be visiting the zoo because of Megan calling him up when he's alone.

"Megan? Did you find Selina?" Bruce asks her.

"Bruce, someone...Or rather something got her..." said the weak Megan. "Get over to the zoo..."

"Are you alright?"

She doesn't know about it herself to keep her hand clean and bandage up for a while.

"I don't know...I was hit with something. Just hurry up and get here. (This feels ichy now from the hairs on my hand feeling odd...)"

Believing Catwoman may be up to something, Bruce heads out to the zoo and hears the guard's story about the gorilla carrying Selina off and searches the premises.

"Man, her taste in boyfriends lacks severely." said the security guard. "The guy looked like an ape."

Now Bruce started to worry too.

"Where is she?"

The cop stops Bruce to be their job instead of his 'unless he was Batman'.

"Uh, sir, this is police business." he asks the guard instead. "Where is she?"

"Kong carried her off. I mean, we're talking primal here."

Megan sees him to tell and show on what's been going on, this time Selina wasn't Catwoman tonight...At least she's a woman with her promises to keep. Finding the tranquilizer dart, he realizes something is wrong.