Chapter 2

Story Playlist/Writing Playlist

The city never sleeps- Jason Walker

Work song- Hozier

Feel so close - Calvin Harris

Harry's POV

Her face is now a blurry picture; and yet I could still see her beautiful light brown eyes and soft wavy brown hair as she runs across the green grass wearing a light pink dress. This place is the only area that doesn't display the same dreary deadly environment as the rest.

The sky above our heads is dark, covered by a few grey clouds as a cool breeze blew around us. It's the beginning of October and normally it would be strange to have weather like this but England climate is very unpredictable.

I smile crossing my arms over my chest, leaning against a thick, rough tree watching her pat her small feet around the bed of grass trying to catch a small orange and yellow butterfly; a monarch butterfly to be more exact.

She lets out small sweet care free giggles, smiling broadly, as she jumps up and down with her hands in the air.

"Harry! Harry, look!" She yells excitedly running over to me with her hands clapped together in front of her.

She stops in front of me and I couldn't help but smile at how short she is. She is just a few years younger than me and I am young myself but I still feel the need to hold some sort of affection and protection over her.

"Look!" She smiles up at me with bright happy brown eyes before opening her hands showing me the butterfly. I open my mouth to speak but close it again once I hear a door slam hard from behind me. I lean away from the thick tree and turn seeing him striding his way over with angry force.

I scowl and take a step forward as I push her behind me wrapping my arm around her as he comes closer.

"Harry," She trails, her usually gentle calm voice now filled with panic, from behind me tugging on the back of my shirt.

"What the fuck did I tell you two?" He shouts, glaring knifes at me and I try my best to ignore my own thumping heart. Once he is only a few steps away he raises his arm and my ears are suddenly consumed by her deafening scream of sheer horror.

I jolt, sitting up straight in bed, sweat running down my forehead and all over my chest. I blink trying to make sense of what just happened.

"What the hell was that?" I whisper, disoriented, running a hand through my already messed up hair. I look at the clock on my bedside stand, only ten o'clock. Great, now I'll have to endure more dreams. Well fuck that.

I climb out of bed pushing my dream away like I always do and shrug on my pajama bottoms over my black Calvin Klein boxers. I grab my Silver Grey IPhone 6 off the lamp stand walking out of the bedroom. I stride my way downstairs into the living room not bothering to turn on the lights. The moonlight shining through the wall of windows was enough to guide my way over to the piano.

I sigh, scowling in concentration down at my fingers as they slowly press down on the black and white keys. Soft notes ring out and echo around me as my mind ran in circles trying to make a melody. I shake my head at the sound not completely satisfied. I stop and try again using higher notes and still whatever melody I was trying to make, I knew it wasn't right.