Chapter 11

Ryder's POV

"Where are you going?" I ask Evan, sitting up in bed wearing his white t-shirt from the pile of clothes he leaves in one of my drawers.

"I have to go." He says standing up from the bed shrugging on his dark colored blue jeans before proceeding to buckle up his belt.

"Why?" I ask, sounding like I'm whining.

"Because I have to." Evan replies simply, pulling his black t-shirt over his head before pushing his arms through the sleeves.

"But why? I mean, why can't you just stay the night?"

Please stay. I've had a long night. Please.

"Ryder I-" Evan stops as his phone rings against the bedside table. He frowns picking it up, reading the screen checking the caller ID before pressing it to his ear.

"Yeah?" Evan grumbles, rolling his eyes. I shake my head looking away from him biting on my lower lip,starring down at my fingers in my lap.

Why don't you ever stay with me?

"Well that is not my fault." Evan snaps into the phone.

I frown turning my head to look at him. He is scowling, his jaw clenched, clearly annoyed.

"I told you-" Evan starts to say but he is interrupted by another voice on the line, coated with anger. All I can tell is that it's a male voice.

"Okay fine! I'll be right over." Evan scowls before hanging up the phone.

"I'll see you later." He says leaning down pressing a kiss to my lips, but it didn't feel right. It didn't feel like our other kisses, it felt distant.

"Goodnight." He says turning around.

I frown as I watch Evan walk out of the bedroom shutting the door behind him. A few moments later, I hear the door to the apartment shut indicating that I am now alone.

What the hell am I talking about I'm always alone.

James' POV (Monday morning)

I walk down the hall towards my office, my polished black shoes sounding softly against the shiny light colored wooden floor with each step I took. I held a box of files in my hands; determined to go through it and finding the correct one I needed for my opened case. As I reach the middle of the hallway I briefly turn my head to peek into Harry's office but after taking a few steps past his door I stop myself in my tracks.

Frowning, I walk a few steps back until I'm right outside his door, slightly hiding behind the wall so he wouldn't see me. I spot Harry seated at his desk, slouching over, signing some paper work before my eyes involuntarily move down to his attire.

Normally, Harry would be dressed in a suit, unless it was the weekend, but today he is dressed in black jeans and a white buttoned up shirt with the top buttons lazily undone. My eyes divert back up to his face when I see him stop writing and for a moment I think I may have been caught spying but that wasn't why he stopped his actions.

Harry scowls looking down at the hand that was holding onto his pen. I knit my brows, not sure as to what he was looking at until he lets his pen drop on the scattered papers on the top of his desk; seeing his hand slightly shaking. My frown deepens when Harry blinks several times in confusion, parting his lips, bringing his hand up closer to his face to examine it more closely which only caused his hand to tremble even worse.

Harry lets out a deep breath fisting his other hand over the shaking one before placing both under his chin closing his eyes. He shakes his head as if pushing something out of his mind before running both hands through his hair while letting out a deep breath.