Chapter 53

Ryder's POV

I slowly blink my eyes open until they finally manage to focus. My body feels so tired and my head feels heavy as I turn it to look around the dark hospital room. The only light shinning the room was from a lamp, by the curtain closed window, resting on a small squared wooden table.

Wait, it's night time?

My eyes divert to the chair by the window and in it sat Shawn, his body slouched while he focused down at his phone in his hand, with his knee crossed over the other while one of his arms was prompt up on the armrest leaning his cheek against his hand. I furrow my brows seeing  him still dressed in his doctor uniform, black pants with a white shirt and lab coat.

"Sh-Shawn." I croak, my voice dry. He turns his head and looks at me before quickly rushing over to me.

"Hey Ry, how are you feeling?"

"A bit tired...sleepy." I lazily reply, looking up at him with half opened eyes.

"That's the drug leaving your system." He says reaching out to brush my hair off my forehead. I give him another weak smile.

"Where's Harry?" I mutter, letting out a sigh.

"He's okay." He nods. "You should sleep. You will be released tomorrow morning."

I frown. "I didn't ask if he was okay, though I'm glad he is." I pause. "But, I asked where Harry is. So where is he? Why isn't he here?"

Shawn sighs, pressing his lips together. "He's...he's in jail."

My eyes widen. "What?" I gasp as I move to sit up. "What do you-"

"Hey, hey no. Don't get up." Shawn says, gently pushing me back down by my shoulders.

"What do you mean Harry is in jail?" I gape. "How can he be in jail? He did nothing wrong, he was just defending me and-"

"I know." Shawn interjects with a calm voice, holding his hand up to stop my ramble. "The reason as to why Harry is in jail is because he did beat up Zayn pretty bad and he tried to again down at the police station."

No this can't be happening. Harry can't be taken away from me...he just can't. I need him more than anyone.

"Dad talked to the people in charge because Harry has already been-" Shawn pauses as if catching his words.

"With the restraining order in Harry's file, he was more liking to get more time." Shawn quickly corrects and I want to ask why he changed his original thoughts but my mind is too drowsy and filled with concern to even ask for more details other than what is happening to Harry right now.

"The whole thing  showed a threat of violence on his behalf, but since he did this in an act of defense for someone else he just has to spend the night and then he will be free tomorrow."

My heart lifts at his words. "Really? Are you sure?"

"Yes." He nods. "Dad called me about an hour ago and told me. Harry was pretty upset with the whole thing but he does send his love."

"Who knew Harry could have such a temper and kick major ass but yet be so kind, especially towards you." Shawn comments with a grin making me giggle.

"Yeah, he's amazing."

"Alright." Shawn says after a passing moment resting his hands on the bedside railing. "Why don't you get some sleep? After all the sooner you do the sooner it will be tomorrow."