Chapter 66

Ryder's POV

The faint drops of the late afternoon rain lightly patted against the restaurant window. The rain shower has been on and off today but I don't mind, I love the smell of the rain and I especially love how the colors of the surrounding areas seem to be more pigmented. My casual observing of the pedestrians and cars going by over the wet pavement was brought to a halt when I noticed a man standing across the street.

He was tall, the very first thing I took notice was how broad he was and how his black jacket made him seem even more so. His face was left mostly in the shadows beneath his hood, and by the lack of daylight from the heavy grey clouds. The man was standing by the edge of the sidewalk as others moved around him trying to get by and cross the street. With the way he was standing, his posture straight and wide with his hands down at his sides, made me feel uneasy especially because it seemed as if he was looking in my general direction.

My lips part slightly as I continue to stare

"Ry....Ryder...Ry!" Katie says calling my attention. I turn my attention away from the window and face her.

"What?" I blink at her.

"Are you alright?" Katie asks me sitting across the table next to Michael. I blink at the both of them before briefly looking next to me at Gavin, who also had a frown on his face.

"What's the matter?" Michael asks as I briefly look down at my hands on the table.

"Nothing." I shake my head while moving my hands off the table and onto my lap.

Katie tilts her head slightly to the side. "Babe, I get you're worried but we're here. Besides, Harry is practically your knight in shining armor. I mean is there something that man can't do?"

My lips tug into a brief smile. "I know but it's just...I feel like I'm going to get taken by a random guy on the street." I explain worriedly.

"I feel like anyone could be the one that send the threat and Harry knows who he is but he won't tell me anything...which frustrates me even more cause I have moments where I feel like I don't know who Harry really is. I feel like I'm getting to know who he is for the first time, well the part that he has kept hidden from me."

"I want to know who this T.S is. I want to know what he wants with Harry. Did Harry do something and now he's seeking revenge? I mean-"

"Wow...wow...wow!" Gavin interrupts raising his hand up in a gesture for me to stop. "Slow your roll. Now I see why Harry didn't say anything, I mean if your worried now..." He suggestively trails.

"Look Ryder, has Harry ever let you down?" Katie asks as I look back over at her.

"No but-"

"Are you happy with him?" Michael interjects, placing his wine glass back on the table next to his empty plate.