Chapter 15

Ryder's POV

"Thank you so much for helping me out Harry." I mutter as we both stand from the bed, closing my textbooks.

It's already five in the afternoon and I really don't want to occupy his time any further. I'm pretty sure Harry has better things to do.

"It's no problem at all." He says, shaking his head. "I think you're getting the hang of it anyways."

"Yeah, well-"

"Ryder!" Shawn's voice echoes through the apartment.

I roll my eyes. "What now?" I mutter under my breath, stealing a quick glance at Harry who gave me a small smile.

"Ryder, where the hell are you?" Shawn asks again in the same loud voice from before as I step out of my bedroom.

"What are you doing here?" I ask, my brows knitted low over my eyes, seeing Shawn carrying a cardboard box in his arms, before shutting the door with his foot.

"Why didn't you answer my calls?" He asks, moving over to the couch.

"I've been busy." I shrug. "And what happened to knocking before entering?"

"I'm your brother I think I have earned the right to ignore that rule." He replies, leaning down setting the box on the couch. "Besides, if you would have answered my calls then you would have-"

"Shawn." I say annoyingly, as Harry comes to a stand beside me. "Would you shut up for a second and acknowledge my guest?"

"What? What gue-" Shawn stops, once he turned around seeing Harry standing beside me.

"Oh...hey." Shawn says slowly straightening up, blinking at Harry.

"Hi." Harry replies.

"What-"

"Before you get any ideas." I interrupt, glaring at Shawn. "Harry is just here helping me study."

Now get out.

"Precisely." Harry interjects. "But I was just leaving."

"No, you don't-"

"Yes, he does." Shawn scowls, his arms crossed over his chest.

"Shawn." I hiss.

"It's okay Ryder." Harry reassures. "I'm pretty sure you and your brother have lots to talk about. Besides, I have to go pick up my sister from her work anyways."

"I'll talk to you later." He says, placing his hand on my shoulder before turning his attention on Shawn.

"Nice to see you again, Shawn." Harry adds politely.

"You too, Harry." Shawn replied back as Harry before walks over to the door, grabbing his coat off the coatrack before exiting the apartment.

I tighten my mouth into a grim line as I move my eyes away from the door back over to Shawn.

"What do you want Shawn? Do you not realize how embarrassing that was?"

"So your embarrassed about this but you're not embarrassed about me nearly catching you having sex with Evan at my house?" He asks, in disbelief.

I roll my eyes.

I do not want to get into this. Especially not now, not with what happened down at the restaurant.

"What are you doing here?" I repeat for about what feels like the millionth time.

"I had to talk to you but clearly since you didn't answer my calls I figure I'd come here instead." He shrugs.