Chapter 9

Ryder's POV

The student union wasn't as packed as I thought it would be. There were still a few empty round tables and the ones that were occupied only had about three students sitting around them. I guess it is a bit early to start having study groups, after all some classes were still in session. My classes on the other hand were basically over; all I had left was one math test before my finals.

I can't wait until I get my test over with because after that all I have to do is show up. Unfortunately, I know that I'll have to spend most of my days locked in my room cramming as much material as I can into my brain, especially history. History has always been my struggle. It's really annoying that I hold such hatred towards history and I have to take two classes on this subject. One for culture and the other for art.

Luckily, I don't have to worry so much on my literature class. My final essay is on Shakespeare and I know 'Romeo and Juliet' like the back of my hand.

"Hey, Emelia!" I hear Gavin happily call out to me. I roll my eyes placing my blue pen down on my notebook.

"Gavin." I sigh. "Why do you always insist on using my middle name?" I ask as he came to a stop behind the black chair beside me.

"Because you hate it." He shrugs, placing his back pack on the table before taking a seat.

"How's studying going?" Gavin asks, briefly glancing down at my notebook filled with math notes.

"Fine." I reply. "But to be honest I can't seem to focus on it."

"Why not?" Gavin asks, a small frown displaying on his face.

"My brother's engagement party is tonight." I trail.

"Oh, yeah! I remember you told me." Gavin exclaims, his face slowly breaking open, recalling the memory.

"Yeah, and unfortunately Katie can't join me because she is visiting her parents for the weekend."

"Well you know I would join you, to make it easier on you but I have an early class tomorrow."

"Yeah, I know. It's okay." I say, the right side of my mouth pulling up into a tiny smile.

"How did your project go? Did Mr. And Mrs. Flynn like the pictures?"

"Yes!" I smile. "Thank you so much for helping me."

"You're welcome." Gavin chuckles.

"Wait, what time is it?" I ask Gavin, staring at him with wide eyes. He leans back in his chair pulling out his cellphone out of his pocket.

"Half past four." He answers before glancing up at me, shoving his phone away.

"I have to go." I say shaking my head quickly shutting my notebook and textbook. "Shawn is picking me up soon. We are heading to London." I add, standing up from my chair.

"I'll see you later, Gavin." I say leaning down, kissing his cheek before turning on my heel, clutching my textbook against my chest.

"I really do not want to go." I grumble to Shawn as he stood waiting for me by my bedroom door, while I made final adjustments to my attire in the mirror.

"Come on, it'll be fun." Shawn replies, straightening his black tie. "Besides, we had a deal."

"I know." I say rolling my eyes walking over to the bed to grab my purse.

"Is my extra pair of clothes in your car?" I ask, double checking that I had everything.

"Yup." Shawn replies.