Chapter 55

(A/N: This is what Harry is wearing)

Playlist:
Fragile- Gnash
White Blood- Oh Wonder

Ryder's POV

I scan the living room for any sign of Harry before I hear his footsteps behind me. I quickly turn around, tightly holding onto the file I stole from my dad's study in my hand.

"Ryder." Harry says stepping into the living room, still wearing his work attire. "Baby, what-"

"Don't you dare baby me!" I snap, as I take strong strides towards him and watch as his eyes widen.

"What the hell is this?!" I demand, shoving the file into his chest.

His hands fumbled to grab it, blinking at me perplexed before looking down to examine what I gave him. I watch as he opens it, and lets out a defeated breath.

"Ryder, I-"

"Tell me it's not true. Tell me this is some sort of file for your work...some sort of undercover thing."

"I..." Harry sighs, closing the file, at a loss for words and his look confirms that my worst assumption was right. "Look, I can explain."

"Explain what?" I scowl, giving him a cool shrug. "That you lied to me?"

He nods. "Yes I did lie okay. But just listen to me." He says taking a step towards me, reaching out to grab my hand.

"You sick bastard!" I snarl at him, through gritted teeth, giving him a hard shove before moving to step around him.

"Ryder, pl-"

"Why didn't you tell me." I demand, my voice forceful as I turn around to face him once more. "Here you were defending me from Nathan...I defended you from my dad and yet you are no better than him!"

"I am nothing like him." He scowls, his voice hard.

"Is this the reason why you wanted me to move in with you? So once you told me I have nowhere to go and I am succumbed to stay here?" I say my voice breaking at the end, completely defying me.

"No that's not-Ryder look,  you have to get-"

"I don't have to do shit!" I scowl, pushing his hands away when Harry reached out to touch me again. I am furious, I am upset on many levels, and right now I don't care to listen to anything else other than his answers to my questions.

"You lied to me!Do you have no idea what you have done?"

"You were the only one I thought who was actually honest with me. The one person who I thought actually loved me when in reality, I had no idea who you really are."

"What are you talking about? You know me better than anyone." He says, with a frown edged on his face.

"Why? Why would you do this?" I ask and I watch his eyes flicker behind me. He says nothing but his eyes remain looking past me, subtly I see his shoulders rise up as he hitches in a breath.

"What are you looking at?" I question, annoyed as I turn around to look behind me but before I could I feel Harry's hand grabbing my wrist to stop me.