Chapter 83

Author's Note:

Another update cause I love you all so much and please don't forget to listen to the song cause it'll add to the mood :) xoxo

James' POV

"Move! Move! I've got it!" I hear Shawn urgently yell out to the nurse as we all rush Ryder down the hall. I turn my head seeing the nurse that was standing by Ryder's head move out of the way so Shawn could grab the oxygen bag and continued pumping.

"Her vitals are dropping, she is losing a lot of blood." A nurse across from me informs as I keep my hand around Ryder's.

"Where is the bullet wound?"

"One in her abdomen and the other somewhere in her chest, mostly likely her heart, but we won't know for sure until we get in there."

"Okay, lets go quickly! Left turn at the corner, first door on the right." Shawn quickly instructs so everyone could move Ryder's stretcher sequently.

Bursting through the OR room we quickly place Ryder in the middle off the room right beside the operating table.

"Okay dad, you are going to help us lift her to the table then you have to leave." Shawn says and I glance up meeting his eyes. "Just take hold of the sheet beneath her."

"Okay." I nod and do as told.

"Shawn, you-" Another doctor speaks, dressed in blue scrubs by the vital machine, but Shawn ignores him.

"One, two, three...lift." Shawn instructs as we all lift Ryder's half conscious body off the stretcher and onto the table.

"Okay, hook her up. Dad, please leave. We-"

"Shawn you have to get out." The same person orders, more sternly this time, while scowling at my son as the nurses begin cutting through Ryder's clothes with a pair of scissors.

Shawn's POV

"Connor stop! Get off!" I scowl shoving him on his shoulders as he pushes me out of the operating room.

"What the hell are you doing? I have to-"

"No Shawn! You know very well that you are not allowed to work on family members."

"What? You're crazy. She needs me. I'm going in there." I say stepping forward but he blocks me once more.

"No! If you want to help go with Max and operate on Harry." He scolds. "Now, step aside I have to scrub my hands."

I glare at him as he moves around me, moving over to the sink by the wall facing the operating room. Glancing up, I look through the window seeing my dad talking to Ryder while the nurse beside him continues to pump the air bag.

I shake my head. "Connor, I can't just not help her. She's my sister."

James' POV

"Okay baby, I'm right here okay?" I swallow, pushing the sheet out of the way before pressing my hand on her cheek. "Just stay with me okay? They are going to fix you."

"Everything is going to be okay." I nod, my voice shaky as my eyes lock with her half opened ones. Her eyes look glossy but vacant, her cheeks are not rosy like they usually are.

"Keep your eyes open baby, please." I softly plea, blinking away the tears in my eyes. "Just hold on a bit longer."

"Heart rate is one-sixty, BP is sixty-five." The surgeon by the machine announces as I briefly look over at him catching his blue eyes beneath his glasses.