Chapter 74

Author's Note:

Hey loves! Thank you so much for all of your kind words and support. I love you!! Xoxo

Ryder's POV

The longer I watch Harry, as the seconds tick by, the easier for me it is to notice the exhaustion that is weighing on his body and it makes me feel guilty for yelling at him for lying. The bags under his eyes show the lack of sleep he has had and I can't imagine how cruddy he feels right now.

Even though he did lie, he is trying. He is trying for me and I should try to be more understanding.

"Harry," I mutter as I step towards him, grasping his arm and turning him around to face me. As I look up into his eyes, I am meet with empty sadness and my heart aches just by looking at him.

"I'm sorry." I apologize, grasping the sides of his jacket, hating the fact that he hasn't made a move to touch me like he usually does. He is just standing in front of me looking defeated and overly worked.

"I shouldn't have gotten mad. I just feel so lost with what's going on. I don't understand anything."

After a moment of silence, I am surprised when Harry wraps his arms around me, placing his cheek at the top of my head.

"If something were to happen to you, I could never forgive myself." He admits, his voice sounding pained as his arms tighten their hold. Tears threaten to pool in my eyes but I quickly blink them away and step back to look up at him.

Raising my hand, I press it against the side of his face, my thumb stroking his cheek. "Let's just call it a night. We are both tired and I think it's be best if we just head to bed."

Harry nods. "Okay."

Standing on my toes, I reach up and place a soft kiss on his lips. "I love you."

"I love you too." He replies, the sides of his lips pulling into a very faint smile.

"No!" A voice yells and my eyes snap open, startling me awake, feeling my heart in my throat.

"No!" The voice yells again as I quickly sit up and my brain finally catches up and realizes that it's Harry.

"Harry." I say quickly turning on the side lamp before looking back at him.

He was laying on his back, the blankets covering just his lower body, the band of his pajama pants peeking through, but started to cover less and less as he thrashed around.

"No don't!" He begged, his hand fisting at the blanket.

"Harry." I gape quickly shifting in bed, moving onto my knees.

"Harry, wake up." I say urgently, grasping his shoulders and shaking him.

"No! Stop it! Stop!" He pleas, his voice getting louder each time and my  heart quickens as I begin to panic.

"Harry, wake up please." I say shaking him once more. "Wake up!"

Harry's body jolts beneath me before his eyes open. His green eyes are wide and I see the fear of his nightmare when they finally shift onto me.