Chapter 72

Ryder's POV

Placing my bag on the corner of my desk, I proceed to shrugging on my leather jacket, feeling excited about leaving.

The door opens as I pull my hair out from underneath my jacket. "Hey Niall, is Harry-"

I stop when I turn around finding the same gray eyed man from the deli, only this time he was not wearing his blue cap.

"You're not Niall." I stupidly mutter, blinking at him, feeling completely frozen in place.

"Perceptive aren't you?" He smirks, shutting the door behind him, before striding towards me.

"Who are you? What do you want?" I demand but my voice falters, ruining my chance at sounding put together.

"We will have time for formalities later." He smugly  replies, before reaching out, grasping my upper arms.

"Right now, all I'm here for is you."

Harry's POV

"Niall?" I asks as I lock my car with the remote on my key chain. He stops right at the entrance of Ryder's work building, turning around to face me with a plastic  soda cup in his hand.

"What are you doing here? I thought you were in the lobby." I say as I shove my keys into my pocket, approaching him.

"I was but I got hungry." He shrugs, giving me a small smile. "What are you doing here?"

I sigh. "Ryder is kind of on edge so I took the rest of the day off. I'd figure spending some time together might help."

"Cool." Niall replies as I step forward and open the door, walking inside.

Heading towards the receptionist desk, with Niall right beside me, I place my hands on the edge and look down at the young brunette, wearing black squared glasses.

"Hello." I smile.

"Hello," she smiles back looking away from her computer. "How can I help you?"

"Is Ryder in?"

"Yes, she is in her office." She replies and I nod, turning around to head towards the elevator.

"Niall just went up to see her." The girl adds making me stop just as I barely managed to take two steps. I furrow my brows confused. I turn back around, looking at Niall who looked just as confused as I was.

"What? That's impossible." I frown.

"Why would it be impossible?" She asks, bewildered, arching a brow.

"Because I'm Niall." Niall integers, gesturing to himself by placing his hand in his chest.

"I'm sorry I don't under-"

"How long ago was this?" I ask, urgently, cutting her off, feeling my heart starting to pump with panic.

"Just a few minutes." She answers, looking worried as she stands from her chair. "Should I call security or-"

Before she could finish her sentence I run towards the elevator, where a few people were piling in. As I was about halfway my eyes widen, seeing the doors begin to close and I pick up my pace.

"No! Hold the-" I stop, as the doors shut on me as I came to a stop. "Fuck!"

Swiftly, I move to the next elevator and press on the call button repeatedly, begging for it to hurry. Glancing up at the number scale, I see that it's barely returning from the seventh floor.