Chapter 23

Playlist:
Tell her you love her- Echosmith
She's got you high by- mumm-ra
Broken Arrow- The Script
When you're Smiling- Louis Armstrong

Ryder's POV

I sat at my desk, flipping through the pictures I took with Gavin today on my laptop while Echosmith played softly through the speakers. My eyes flicker down to my cellphone, contemplating if I should call Harry.

"Okay." I mutter to myself grabbing my cellphone, finally giving into my own inner debate, and dial Harry's number. Nervously, I chew on my bottom lip waiting for him to pick up, twiddling my fingers on my desk.

"What!" Harry's voice snaps into the phone, making me jerk my head back at his sudden anger.

"Harry? You okay?" I hesitantly mutter.

"Oh, Ryder..." He sighs. "Damn, I'm sorry I didn't-"

I smile. "Bad day?"

"You have no idea." He grumbles and suddenly an idea pops into my head.

"Well I may have something to turn your day around." I smile, resting my elbow on my desk.

"Really?"

"Yup. Since I always talk about my problems with you how about we discuss yours and try to solve them over dinner tonight?"

Omg Ryder! Are you asking him out?

"As friends I mean." I quickly add.

That's better. No guys for you right now! Major distraction!

"Okay," He chuckles. "Where do you have in mind?"

After I finally managed to pick out an outfit, I changed into my dark wash, skinny jeans with a loose flannel shirt before placing on my Saint Laurent boots. Leaving my hair down in loose waves, I applied a light amount of makeup before heading downstairs.

"Oh, you look nice." Hannah comments as soon as I stepped off the staircase heading over to the coat rack.

"Thanks." I smile as I shrug on my jacket.

"Where are you going?"

"Out to dinner with a friend." I answer, pulling my hair out from underneath my jacket, once I placed it on over my shoulders.

"Oh, do you need a ride?" She asks, cleaning her hands with the kitchen rag.

"No thanks. I called a cab." I decline politely. "I better go or I'll be late." I say stepping towards her to give her a hug.

"Okay, have fun babe." She says kissing my cheek. "I'll tell your brother when he gets home from work."

"Thank you." I reply opening the door, shrugging my bag on my shoulder, stepping out of the house.

"Stupid traffic." I hiss under my breath shutting the cab door behind me before quickly rushing into the restaurant, ignoring the chilly air.

After talking to the hostess, I made my way to the booth at the back of the restaurant. I spot Harry reading his menu as I approach the table, his head snaps up at my presence giving me a small smile, before getting on his feet.

"I am so sorry I'm late. Traffic was terrible." I frown, embarrassed, as I reached up giving him a brief hug.

"It's alright. I've only been here a few minutes." He replies reassuringly.

"Please sit." He adds gesturing to the cushioned seat with his hand. I smile setting my bag down as I slide into the seat, while Harry did the same across the the other side of the table.