Chapter 64

Ryder's POV

The airport is quite hectic this afternoon despite of the cloudy weather outside. Today I start my week worth of traveling for events and interviews. I know I should be excited because this is all I ever wanted to do but this trip could not have come at a worse time. It seems selfish leaving right now knowing that I have to be here for my dad, knowing that I have to stay with him and help him feel like he isn't alone.

"I really think I should just stay here." I say to Harry as I adjust the strap of my bag on my shoulder.

"Are you joking? You have been waiting for this for so long. It'll be silly not to take this opportunity. Besides," he says placing his hands on my upper arms. "You will do great."

I smile. "Promise me you will call?"

"Everyday." Harry says nodding in agreement. "So where are you heading off to first?"

"Paris for another Lancome event then set off to California." I reply. "Now, will you please promise me that you will look after my dad."

"I have been doing that daily for a few years now, princess." He chuckles. "But yes, I will."

"All passengers to Paris, France please report to Gate 4. Passengers to Paris report to Gate 4." A voice speaks through out the airport. I sigh.

"Okay love, email me when you get there okay?" Harry says looking back and forth between my eyes. I nod and he leans down pressing a kiss on my lips before my forehead.

Once we both say our sweet goodbyes I turn around rolling my suitcase behind me. Each step I took further away from Harry, and closer to the gate, felt like a hard one but I know it has to be done. Bucking up every strength inside me I do my best to push back my uneasiness and begin my journey.

The hotel that I have been booked at is very vast and beautiful. The room was a bit chilly when I got here, in all it's white and cream colored glory, so I turned on the heater after  I took a shower to feel a bit better after a long trip. Stepping out the back door and onto the balcony, my eyes widen, feeling blown away by having the view of the Eiffel Tower so close. It looked absolutely breathtaking.

The night was seemed bleak; there are not that many noticeable stars in the sky but I believe it has to do with the many amounts of city lights. Looking out at the sight in front of me somehow made me at ease, made me feel warm and happy despite the cool breeze blowing.

Suddenly, ringing from my laptop back inside my room broke me from the calming spell

Suddenly, ringing from my laptop back inside my room broke me from the calming spell. Turning around I quickly jog back inside over to the four post bed where my MacBook sat open in the middle above the white sheets. Sitting on the edge I turn the laptop towards me and see Harry's name popping up on the screen. Smiling, I place my index finger on the mouse pad and accept the video call.

"Hey Princess." Harry grins, his face popping up on the screen.

"Hi." I smile back. "What are you up to?"