Chapter 3

* Gavin is played by Ian Somerhalder. Gosh, Ian is my favorite actor of all time! 

Ryder's POV

"So what are we going to do for your birthday this weekend?" Katie asks driving us back to our apartment.

The sky is now dark, the street lights are illuminating our way and through the rays of light you could see the light shower of rain falling onto the pavement road and sidewalk.

"Um, I don't know." I reply, unsure, looking at the beautiful scenery outside. I've always enjoyed weather like this. Well, just as long it's not a massive thunder storm.

"Well has your dad said anything? Has he made any plans?" She asks as she slowly came to a stop at a red light. My heart slowly starts to pick up its pace as my body began to get nervous by her question.

"Well he does want to try to spend the day with me but you know how it is with him, work usually gets in the way." I shrug giving her a simple answer.

"Well tell me if something does happen otherwise I'll plan something kick ass for us to do."

"Okay," I say faking a laugh, not feeling that excited, turning my attention out the window.

"What about Evan?" Katie asks after a moment.

"What about him?" I ask turning to face her as she started to drive off again.

"Is he planning on being with you? I mean he is your boyfriend after all." Katie shrugs. "If you could even call him that."

"What is that suppose to mean?" I ask, defensively.

"Hey, don't get upset with me." She says shaking her head looking at the road. "I mean you guys go out, get wasted, have sex and then he leaves you rather than staying. He says he wants to be with you and yet he doesn't make the effort and-"

"Okay, so we are not perfect." I shrug, interrupting her. "No relationship is.

"If it feels right it is." She says briefly looking over at me giving me a smile. "

Well who asked you?

"Look, all I'm saying is that you deserve better." She adds trying to justify herself.

I stay quiet not wanting to snap at her because deep down I know she is only trying to help. I lick my lips and look forward back onto the road.

"I mean the right guy is out there for you but-"

"Stop," I say raising my hand up to stop her from talking. "I don't want to talk about it anymore."

Katie sighs, shaking her head and fortunately doesn't push further on the subject.

The next day at school I spent my lunch break in search to talk to Gavin. I knew he was in the photography studio because that is where he usually spends his lunch break.

I walk through the courtyard, my boots clicking off the pavement as I occasionally glanced at my surroundings seeing a few students sitting down on the green grass with their textbooks and laptops in front of them.

I smile, seeing a small coffee cart parked by the entrance of the Performing Arts building.

"Hello," I smile once I came to a stop in front of the cart.

"Hello, what can I get you?" A tall brunette guy with blue eyes asks, smiling at me.

"Um..." I mutter, glancing at the menu on the small chalk board." I'll have a caramel mocca please."