Chapter 10

Playlist:

A little too much- Shawn Mendes

They'll Never Know-  Ross Copperman

Ryder's POV

I walk down the vast staircase after changing out of the suffocating dress and goody two shoes hair, up in Shawn's bathroom. The beating lift up music could be heard throughout the house along with the occasional drunk cheering from the few intoxicated bodies from school and a few strangers from the neighborhood that made up most of the occupancy.

I step down the last step turning my body around to the dark framed rectangular shape mirror that hung on the white wall. Scanning my reflection in the mirror, I gather both side of my leather jacket pulling them closer together over my chest, covering my white low cut shirt, the hem showing an inch of my skin above the waistband of my black skinny jeans. I reach my hands up to my hair shaking it a bit through my fingers adding a bit more volume. Once I was satisfied, I smile turning away from the mirror stepping into the large living room where the music could be heard even louder through the sound system by the large flat screen TV.

The room was packed and I'm pretty sure the backyard, pool and kitchen were as occupied.

I may not know most of these people but at least I'm not alone.

Shawn's POV

"You let her leave?" I ask, starring at my dad in disbelief. "Why didn't you stop her?"

"She was pretty upset with me." He shrugs. "The last thing I need is for her to act like I'm dead."

I scowl at him. Seriously?

"I tried reasoning with her but you know how she is." Dad says trying to defend himself.

"Yea, I do know. She is stubborn like you." I retort before turning away from him, walking over to Hannah who was sitting at a table next to my mom, a bright smile on her beautiful face as she let out a small laugh.

"Hey, baby." I say, trying to cut myself into their conversation, placing my hand on her shoulder.

"Hey." She replies but as soon as her eyes meet me she frowns.

"What's wrong?" She asks me before moving her eyes over to my dad who came to a stop beside me, letting out a sigh running a hand through his hair.

"Ryder left." I answer. "I have to find her."

Where the fuck could she have run off to? She doesn't have a cellphone so calling Evan to come and get her is out of the question. She doesn't have a car which means she is walking the streets alone...

"Hannah, you stay here." I order her gently, feeling a rush of anxiety rush through me.

I know she is twenty and she can do what she pleases but Ryder is still my sister. I have to know if she is okay.

"What? No." She says shaking her head at me. "I'm coming with you."

I shake my head." Babe, stay, have fun with your friends."

"No, Ryder is more important. I'm coming." Hannah insists standing up from her chair as I give her a small smile.

This is why I love this woman.

"Okay." I nod lacing my hand with hers. I turn my head and my eyes briefly meet my dad's before I step around him.

"Shawn I-"