Chapter 33

Playlist:
Jinx- DNCE (as soon as I heard this song I knew I had to add it. It's perfect for Ryder and Harry)

Harry's POV

The team and I were sitting around in the conference room going over new information of The Sinister, doing our best to track him down and finding patterns in his killings but so far we have not had any luck.

Ugh, I can't wait until tomorrow. I'll be at the wedding with Ryder and all of this stress will be set to the side, at least for a while.

"Clearly, he must have some sort of emotional psychotic break towards the opposite sex," Mathew says from across the table, drawing my attention back on the conversation.

I flicker my eyes over to him, my elbow resting on the polished table, clicking a pen in my hand.

"If not there would be no reason for The Sinister to be just killing women and children." Matthew continues.

"What do you think, Harry?" James asks. I look over at him, he was standing in front of the television screen that displayed pictures of evidences that we have found and the map of the local area.

"Me?" I mutter, raising both brows at him.

"Yeah, you. What do you think?" He repeats, placing his hands on the edge of the table.

I shrug. "Matthew has a point, he does suffer from some mental disorder, I have seen it. He goes from one personality to another." I say gesturing with my pen from left to right. "But that does not mean he has no clue as to what he is doing. "

"Well whatever the reason may be we have to act fast, or else he will end up slaughtering the whole women population." James says, shaking his head, his statement an exaggeration but not one that is wrong.

"I don't get it. If Styles knows him why the hell won't he tell us where he is." Josh speaks. I glare at him.

Fucking Josh, this idiot has been on my ass since the day I got here.

"What are you trying to say?" I challenge, scowling at him.

"I'm saying that how do we know you aren't helping him?" He says scowling back at me, straightening up in the chair across from me. "After all you did work for him and you're off your anklet now. Who knows what the hell you do when you aren't here. I mean he-"

"You don't know shit." I hiss. "Don't try to act like you know me. So why don't you shut your mouth before I-"

"Okay, okay, calm down everybody." James interjects.

I clench my jaw before removing my harsh gaze from Josh over to James. He looks back and forth between the two of us before speaking again.

"Harry has proven his loyalty to us more times than what we could have asked for. If any of you have a problem with him you can gladly walk out of this room and I'll deal with you later." James says, his voice authoritative as he gazes around the team sitting around the table.

Seconds pass by and no one says a word or stands to leave the room. I watch Josh, waiting for him to leave, but he doesn't.

Pussy. He's too scared to lose his job and I bet he isn't the only one. Everyone in this room hates me.

"Alright." James says letting out a sigh. "Now back to the actual task at hand."