Chapter 62

Ryder's POV

Amazingly the project I was involved with a while back, what's your magic, has had great feedback and because of that more and more people are asking me to show up to events and do collaborations. Today Hannah and I have been planning my whole traveling schedule for these events for next week. I am excited but I'm not happy at the idea that I have to
be away from Harry, especially since we got back together but everything will work itself out. It always does and that is highly comforting.

"Hey baby, do you want me to go pick you up?" Harry asks through the phone line as I walk down the sidewalk. The wind is a bit chilly, blowing my open trench coat back as I try my best to button it up with one hand while I hold my binder and bag with the other arm.

"No that's-." I groan bumping into someone making them drop their camera onto the floor.

"Oh my gosh, I am so sorry!" I say urgently, looking up at the man that I bumped into. His back was facing me,with the hood of his dark blue jacket over his head.

"Here, let me-" I start to say stepping forward to bend down and pick up his Canon off the ground but he refuses.

"No it's okay. I got it." He bends down picking up his camera before continuing on his way and I continue to watch as he walks away with no second glance back to me.

"Ry? Ryder?" Harry voice speaks through the phone trying to get my attention. "Baby, you there?"

"Yeah, I'm here." I reply slightly distracted, as I blink after the man who was starting to disappear into the small crowd of pedestrians while I remain still in the same spot.

"What happened? Are you okay?" Harry asks, sounding a bit anxious and demanding.

"Yeah, I just bumped into someone that's all." I say letting out a deep sigh before adjusting my belongings in my arms. "Anyways, no I don't need you to come and pick me up. I'm actually going to go do some more schedule planning at the nearby cafe by the office. Katie is back from her trip so she is coming to meet me there and we are going to catch up on a few things."

As I say the words I vaguely wonder if I should tell Katie that Harry and I were shortly broken up and if I should also mention the cause to that. She is my best friend, I know she would understand and I also know she won't judge.

"Okay. Well tell her I said hello and have fun baby. Call me if you need anything."

I smile. "I will."

This week has been amazing, things feel like they are going back to how they were before but possibly better. However for some reason I feel like Harry is starting to get stressed out from work and it's starting to worry me. Whenever I ask if he is okay he says he is fine but I know better and I hate seeing him this way. We have been planning on having a date night ever since we got back together, but these past few nights Harry has been coming home late from work so I have to either call Katie on the phone or watch Netflix to entertain myself. But even then, I still can't make the worry go away.

Harry coming home late, or not messaging me right away when I text or email him scares me. It makes my heart rise up in my throat at the fear that something might be wrong, either him getting into a fight with the work colleagues he has mentioned to me before, or the fact that they are out on the street trying to catch someone. I trust Harry that he knows what he is doing, I trust that when he doesn't reply back to me it means that he is busy but it's the fear of not knowing that drives me insane and has me on edge.