Chapter 28

Ryder's POV

"What do you think I should do?" I ask Shawn as I laid on my bed in a pair of denim shorts and white v-neck shirt. "Do you think I should talk to dad?"

He sighs, coming over to sit down on the edge of the bed beside me. "That is totally up to you." He says placing his hand on my knee. "But I mean he was just looking out for you even though he did do it in a strange way. Like I said you don't know everything but he didn't give Evan the money, don't you think that shows something?"

"I'm just tired of fighting with him. Why can't things just be normal between us?" I ask while shaking my head, twirling a piece of hair between my fingers, staring up at the ceiling. "Now I don't even know if I should go to his wedding next weekend."

"Well don't go. But if you do change your mind you can always go to the party at his house afterwards."

"I know I should go. I mean, it's your mom's wedding day too but I don't know..." I grumble, grabbing my other pillow pressing it against my face.

"Then just go to the after party." Shawn says giving my knee a squeeze. "After all dad will understand you are still upset with him."

Suddenly, a knock against my bedroom door breaks our conversation. I lift the pillow off my face, seeing Hannah walking in with a huge smile.

"Brought you something from the office." She says in a sing song voice, waving a white envelope in the air.

"What is it?" I ask sitting up, catching a glimpse of Shawn's smile before climbing off of the bed. Hannah stays silent handing me the white envelope. Quickly with curiosity, I open the letter pulling the folded paper out.

Dear, Ryder Mitchell

We have looked at your photographs and we are blown away by your incredible talent at such a young age. We are pleased to inform you that we have scheduled you in for an interview for tomorrow at 2:30 p.m. Looking forward to see you there.

"Oh my gosh!" I gasp, clutching the letter tightly between my fingers. "Hannah, is this really happening?"

"Yes, Ryder, it's happening." She smiles.

"I-I..." I stutter, trying to form a proper sentence but fail miserably.

"Congratulations, sweetie." Hannah smiles stepping forward wrapping her arms around me. "Soon enough the two of us will be going on work trips together."

This is it! This is the beginning of my new life, doing what I love.

Harry's POV

"Kid, didn't I tell you to take time off?" James voice echoes by the door of my office.

"I didn't listen." I mutter back, not making eye contact with him. I stood behind my desk, looking at the copy of the map I made of the one I had at home.

Where the fuck could he be? Why the hell is he doing all this shit? What is he after?

"Peter told me you had a date the other night." He comments, annoyingly pulling me out of my thoughts. I glance up seeing him walking over with a small pleased smile on his face.

Nosey fucking Peter.

"Yes, then I got barbecued. Now, will you please leave me alone? I'm trying to figure this shit out."