Chapter 37

Playlist:
Masquerade- The Fosters Cast
The Cheek Of Night- Romeo and Juliet 2013 soundtrack

Ryder's POV

On the car ride to the event my mind suddenly remembers about the text message I received this morning, and remembered that I was going to call Harry and tell him about it. But, I left my phone at home.

"Hey, Shawn?" I mutter leaning forward, placing my hand on the back of his seat.

"Hmm?" Shawn hums, keeping his focus on the road.

"Can I borrow your phone to call Harry? I left mine at home."

"Oh, I would let you babe but I left mine at home too since there is really no need in having them at the event."

"Oh, okay." I nod, leaning back in my seat.

Guess, I'll call him later.

"Okay, we are here." Hannah beams as Shawn manages to find a parking space close to the venue.

Hannah turns to us after unbuckling her seatbelt and hands Katie and I each a mask that matches our dresses.

"Are Gavin and Michael coming?" I ask Katie as I place on my mask.

She nods. "Yeah, Michael is going to pick Gavin up before they head over here."

"Okay, ladies. Time to go." Shawn says shutting off the car before opening his car door.

The venue was in a nearby hotel in a beautiful vast room where people would normal rent out for weddings. The flooring was a beautiful creamy polished tile, on the far wall of the room was a small stage where the sound system was place and right across on the other side of the stage was a small podium with a built in mic. The middle off the room was left empty with beautiful crystal chandeliers hanging right above,  while the  edges of the room were filled with decorated tables for the guests.

"Come on, our table is this way." Hannah says waving us to follow her into the room.

"Hannah, at what time is the dance supposed to be?" I ask.

"Around halfway through the party." She replies. "Why are you nervous?"

"Not as much as Shawn." I joke as we all reach our table. I turn to him, and despite through his mask I could tell he was a scowling at me.

"Jerk." Shawn replies before sticking his tongue out at me.

Soon the guests finally started to arrive, I got tired of sitting so I stood a bit further away from our table.

"Ryder look, the boys are here." Katie says touching my elbow. I turn my head to the entrance and see them walking towards us.

"Hey guys." I smile at them as Gavin leaned in to hug me while Michael moved to say hi to his girl.

"You look very dashing." I smile up at Gavin, looking into his eyes through his grey mask.

"Thank you." He smiles. "You look beautiful as well."

"That's right, she does." I turn my attention behind Gavin and see my father with Martha at his side. The smile on my face quickly turns into a frown as I look nervously over up at Gavin.