Chapter 67

Ryder's POV

I walk downstairs with my black clutch and cream colored coat in hand. Stepping into the kitchen, I place both items on the kitchen island and smile walking towards Harry who stood in front of the coffee machine, pouring some of the warm brew into a mug.

"Oh baby, you look beautiful." Harry grins, eyeing me up and down, taking in my black attire.

Today, I decided to put in some effort in my work outfit just to change things up a bit. I was dressed in a white loose blouse, with a small flared collar and black bow tie, tugged into the waistband of my leather pants. But to keep things a bit casual, as how I prefer it, instead of wearing heels I decided to wear a white pair of sneakers.

"You don't look so bad yourself, handsome." I smile back, standing on my toes as I reach up, pressing my lips to his, my hands resting on his chest.

"Mmmm good morning." Harry says making me smile, as I pull away, his eyes shining with pure love and delight.

"Good morning." I giggle moving to stand on my toes once more to kiss him.

"Good morning." Another voice speaks, making me jump and pull my lips off of Harry's.

I turn my head seeing Niall standing on the other side of the kitchen, leaning against the counter. He smirks at my reaction to him, bringing the glass of orange juice up to his lips.

"Niall?" I question, blinking at him. "What are you doing here?"

"I-"

"He is taking you to work." Harry interrupts.

"What?" I turn my head, looking up at Harry. "What do you mean? I'm perfectly capable of driving on my own and-"

"No baby, that's not the reason why." Harry shakes his head, looking away from me as he places his coffee on the table. I continue to stare at him, more confused than ever.

"Niall will be-"

"Keeping your ass safe." Niall interjects, smirking at Harry, clearly amused at the idea of him interrupting Harry this time.

"I don't understand."

"You have been on edge lately and I figured maybe if you had someone with you during the day than it'll keep you calm." Harry explains, placing his hand on my lower back. "It will keep me less worried about you and I trust Niall. He knows just as much as I do about guns and defense in case something happens."

"So Niall is going to be my...security guard?" I ask for clarification.

"More or less." Harry shrugs.

"For how long?"

"Just until we figure things out."

I frown looking down at my feet, hating the idea that it had to come to this.

"Okay, fine." I reluctantly agree. "But Niall won't be allowed in my office."

"I'll just be with you when your not at work and when you are, I'll be close by." Niall says, his playfulness gone, looking at me with sincere eyes to get me to trust him.