Chapter 71

Ryder's POV

I press my finger down on the stutter, making the camera click and take a picture of the Muriel  across the street.

"Hey Ryder?" Niall mutters stepping closer beside me.

"Yeah?" I reply, lowering my camera.

"Why did you lie?"'

I jerk my head back confused. "What are you talking about?"

"Back at the deli. You lied to me about the cookies. You were talking to someone."

Shit.

"If I was that doesn't concern you." I say, half defensively.

"Yes it does cause I'm suppose to be protecting you." He retorts with a scowl.

"Niall, I-"

"I know him! What did he say?" He demands, looking at me with harsh blue eyes.

"He said that we are in way over our heads. Harry and I." I clarify. "He also said that, he doesn't like liars."

He frowns. "Ryder, why didn't you tell me. We should have told Harry right away and-"

"No, he has enough to worry about."

"But this has to do with what he is worrying about. Besides, Harry saw-" Suddenly, Niall is interrupted by his phone ringing. Quickly, he takes it out of his pocket and frowns looking down at the screen.

"James?" Niall answers. "Yeah... she's right here."

"Your dad wants to talk to you." He says holding his phone out to me.

"Dad?" I answer, pressing the phone to my ear.

"Ryder why didn't you answer your phone?" He questions, half anxious and sternly.

"I left it in the car. I'm out taking pictures. Why what's wrong?"

"Harry is being taken to the hospital."

"What? Why?" I gape, my eyes going wide.

"Someone planted a bomb in the office...look he is fine. They just want to check his head cause he hit the floor pretty hard."

"O-okay. We'll be there in a bit." I nod. "Wait, what about you?"

"I'm okay, sweetheart."

I sag in relief. "Okay, well I'll see you in a bit."

Harry's POV

"Alright, Mr. Styles, your vitals are good." Dr. Martinez says standing in front of me, while I'm sitting on the edge of the hospital bed. "There is also no signs of any head drama. I would just like you to take it easy for a few days but if you start to feel any pain at all please come back immediately."

"Will do." I nod.

Abruptly, the door to my hospital room opens making both of us turn our heads seeing a weepy Ryder rushing over.