Chapter 76

Playlist:

New York- A Great Big World

Ryder's POV

It's been a week, one full week with nothing but Harry's voice through a phone line and text messages. It has been a full week living at my dad's which is good cause now he isn't alone, but technically he has ditched me at least twice to go have dinner with a women from work. Honestly, I do not mind, I'm glad he is moving on and living his life again, besides, I used that time to hang out with Shawn and Hannah at their place.

"Thank you for the homemade sandwich, sweetheart." My dad says while chewing on his last bite before cleaning his mouth with a napkin.

We are both currently having lunch in the break room at his work.

"You're welcome." I smile, grabbing all of the trash we made while eating and getting up to toss it into the bin a few feet away.

"Besides," I say as I sit back down in the chair next to him. "It's the least I can do since I'm living with you."

He chuckles. "You're my daughter. You shouldn't be repaying me fore that."

"I know, but I'd figure I should start making up for all the years I waisted being ungrateful towards you." I shrug, folding my arms on the table.

My dad hums. "Well darling, I might be a little late tonight on getting home."

"Why?" I ask.

"Since Harry isn't here I have to do his paper work so we don't fall that behind."

"Oh." I mutter.

"Will you be alright?" He asks, eyeing me carefully. "I could always take-"

"No, no that's okay." I shake my head. "I can handle being alone. Besides, I won't really be alone. Niall will be there with me."

My dad smiles. "Alright, well I better get back to work. I'll call you later okay?"

"Okay." I smile as he leans over pressing a kiss on my cheek before standing up from his chair, fixing his tie.

Harry's POV

I let out a groan sitting down on the couch, stretching my legs out in front of me, crossing my ankle over the other. I had started a fire in the fireplace directly across to where I was sitting while Gemma and her boyfriend, Logan, were in the kitchen getting some snacks for the movie we were about to watch.

Taking this opportunity now that I am alone, I pull out my phone from my pocket and dial Ryder's number, by the fourth ring she finally answers.

"Harry!" She greets, her voice sounding thrilled and happy making me smile.

"Hey baby, what are you up to?" I ask placing my hand casually on my stomach.

"Nothing just-"

"Oh hey, is that Harry?" I hear Niall ask, his voice sounding muffled.

"Well duh, who else would I be talking to?" She says before letting out a small giggle and after a moment she stops and groans.

"Ow, jerk!" She complains before I hear a thud.

"Ow Ryder! No...ow fuck! Okay, okay! I'm sorry for hitting you!"

I laugh. "Awe, is my babe kicking ass?"

"Learned from the best." She sweetly replies, making my heart warm. "Besides I- no...Niall!"