Chapter 38

Ryder's POV

"Awe come on guys." The grey suited man complains, once more. "Why do you love making things hard for yourselves? Didn't I just say we only wanted one thing then we would be out of here?"

"But...I guess you just love us being the bad guys don't you?" He asks as I hear a gun click into place. "Fine." He says before a bang rang out, the crowd screams and I peek over where the shot went off to, seeing a man fall onto his side a couple of tables away. My eyes widen.

"Mitchell! Styles!" The man calls out. "There is another body, is that what you wanted?"

He knows they are here!

Instinctively, I look over at Harry who clenched his jaw and I could see him trying to weigh out on what to do next. My heart stops completely when Harry looks over at my dad before he stands up, leaving his gun on the floor.

What the hell is he doing? I think I just died on the spot.

Shawn holds me back as I try to peek up higher over the top of the table. The masked man turns his head at the sight of Harry and laughs.

"Why is it that they always send the rats in before the actual important people?"

Harry is important!

"But that's fine." The man shrugs. "Mitchell, you know why I'm here for, if I don't get it by the time I count to three...he is dead."

No!

I turn to look at my dad and he is already looking at me, guilt and worry clouding his eyes.

What does that man want?

"One..." The man counts. I look back over at him and see him raising his gun up at Harry. My lips part.

"Two..."

Dad do something!

My heart spikes up in panic as I remove Shawn's hand off my arm.

"No, Ryder-"

"Thr-"

"No, don't!" I yell in panic as I stood up, moving around the table. Harry's head snaps towards me at the sound of my voice, his eyes practically popping out of their sockets.

"Ohh...well look who it is." The man says smiling at me, still keeping his gun pointing towards Harry.

"It's the little princess." He teases. "I don't-"

Using that the man is now distracted, Harry immediately steps forward, grabbing the barrel of the gun with one hand while stepping slightly to the side out of bullet range, at the same time his other hand slams into the inside of the man's elbow making him cry out in pain. The man loosens his grip on the gun and Harry immediately takes it away from him swiftly pointing the gun at him.

"Ryder!" Shawn calls out.

"Ah!" I scream suddenly feeling an arm wrap around me, across my chest as the hand roughly grabbed onto my jaw, while the cool barrel of a gun was pressed to my temple.