Chapter 12

Harry's POV

After my not so helpful talk with Sarah, I decided that I needed a change of scenery to finish my work no longer loving the atmosphere of my office; so I headed over to the conference room.

The conference room was very spacious, it was about three times the size of my office. The large grey table stood in the middle surrounded by black revolving chairs, with the occasional small pieces of art hung up on the white walls.

The room was empty and normally no one comes in here unless a meeting is ordered which is perfect because what I need right now is to hide away, to pretend that nothing is wrong; even if it's for a little while.

There isn't much work that I still needed to finish, most of the assignments I had to do I completed during the pointless meeting in the afternoon. However, I decided to leave a few documents unattended so James would think I'm taking my time and would leave me alone for a while.

I am in no mood for him prying, especially after being forced to talk about my feelings.

I leaned against the side of the table, facing the large flat screen on the wall where we normally pull up our presentations and watch the news. My eyes focused on the screen as I flipped through the channels trying to distract my mind and pass some time.

"The Sinister is at it again, causing more tragedies." The male reporter announces as I suddenly come to a stop on the news channel. "Here we have Jane Lawson live at the scene to give us some more details."

Watching intently, I straighten my stance raising the volume up a bit; my interest peeked.

*Video flips to a strawberry haired women dressed in a black suit jacket holding a microphone with police lights flickering behind her*

"Good afternoon, I'm Jane reporting to you live outside the house where the police are investigating another few victims that The Sinister decided to act upon."

"What has been confirmed so far is that sadly the lives that were taken belonged to a family of three, a mother and her two young daughters around the age of seven." Jane says, gesturing to the small one story brick house behind her.

I scowl at the screen; feeling a small ache in my chest as the familiar wave of grief washed through me.

"I've been told that the event happened at the early hours of the day and the neighbors heard their cries for help." She nods "Here is what one of them have to say."

*Video flips to a 25 year old brunette women with her name displayed at the bottom of the screen; Letty Williams*

"My husband was the one that heard their cries for help." Letty explains. "He was getting ready to go to work and as he was about to leave the house my husband heard a women scream followed by a few number of gun shots. Frantically, my husband ran inside and quickly called the authorities."

*Video flips back to the news reporter.*

"Despite of the neighbor's assistance; unfortunately the authorities did not get there in time." Jane informs. "The police still have a lot to uncover but by the looks of things The Sinister will not stop his random killings and it seems that there is certain pattern or reason behind all these murders and-"

I scowl turning off the television tossing the remote on the table.

"You really shouldn't be watching that." James comments making me roll my eyes.

"So what, you are making me give up my right to watch the news now?" I ask, turning around to face him. "Like you aren't controlling me enough already."