Chapter 84

Author's Note:

Babes, guess what? ANOTHER UPDATE! Heck yes, I am spoiling you! You all deserve to be spoiled, you guys are just so sweet and kind. All of the nice words you all have been telling me are words I only hoped of hearing so thank you so much for making my dream come true and making me feel like a part of something!

How did you all handle the emotional roller coaster in the last few updates? Well...prepare yourself for another...

Love you!! Xoxox

Harry's POV

I stand by the large window, surveying London at night. Normally, the sight of lit up buildings and twinkling stars usually give me a sense of peace, but not at this moment. In this moment, I can't help but feel like I'm back in my dark days, to the days before; the days when I didn't have Ryder. This waiting around for her to wake up from her harsh ordeal is absolute torture, and it feels like I have lost her; even though Shawn and every other medical expert I have annoyed, has told me otherwise.

A very evocative feeling washes over me, along with worry and dejection, as my mind flashes to the past couple of months. I can't help but think back to the begining of when things started with Ryder: Her snobby attitude at the train station, her fear at gunpoint outside the night club, her worry for me when I got drenched on with soda...her first kidnap.

I close my eyes while clutching my hands into fists inside my jean pockets, as a deep puff of air blows past my lips at the image of Ryder's beaten and shivering body, paints briefly in my mind. Turning around I walk over to Ryder's hospital bed and carefully take a seat in the chair I have spent most of my time at in the last three days.

I sniff as my eyes move up to Ryder's sleeping face, her hair fanned out on her pillow with a nasal cannula to help her breath more easily.   A small purple bruise covered the apple of her left cheek, which lacked their usual rosy tint that I adore.

I shake my head, reaching out to firmly grasp her right hand with mine.

"Ryder baby, I should have done it." I mutter. "I should have killed him. I had him. He has been responsible for a lot of hurt in your life. I should have shot him. Now you're in here because of me...because I couldn't be brave enough to pull the trigger."

"I'm so sorry baby." I say looking at her through teary eyes as I give her hand a squeeze.

"Just come back to me." I sniff."Please...please wake up."

I watch her for a few seconds longer, watching her resting state, hopefully waiting a response from her but the moment is filled with silence and it breaks my heart even more.

"Come on baby, wake up." I plea, helplessly as I sniff, shaking my head.

"Don't blow me off God!" I exclaim, raising my head to the heavens, tears running down my cheeks. "I never come to you for anything and I hate that it's right now that I do but please... please don't take her from me."

"Don't take her." I shake my head, as I cry, letting out a few chokes sobs as I lean forward and gently rest my head on Ryder's stomach, still holding her hand in mine, ignoring the ache in my torso from my stitches.

"Harry..." James quiet voice suddenly speaks, interrupting my sobs. I was lost in my own conversation I didn't even hear him come in.

"Aren't you suppose to be resting?" James questions as I hear the door shut.

"I'm fine, James." I say rolling my eyes as I lift my head off of Ryder, willing my tears away with the back of my hand.

"Ryder is okay, kid. Her body is just tired."