Chapter 6

Author's Note

Hello my loves! How are you?

I am so excited to start this story. I'm sorry I have not updated in a while but I'm trying to update my other stories as well so I hope you understand. I was going to wait until I finish the last book in my Through the Dark series, but I just couldn't wait.

I have so many ideas for this story. I really want this story to be different than any other I have written, not just plot wise but grammatically as well.

For this story, even though it involves the One Direction boys, I want lean it away from fanfiction and make it seem more novel like only because I am getting older and I'm growing as a person as well.

Also, I would like to dedicate this chapter to the lovely Undertheclifford because she made this new lovely cover for my story which i adore! Thank you babe! xx

Anyways, I hope you enjoy this post. Please don't forget to comment and vote! <3

Goal: 6 votes for next update:)

Ryder's POV

The sweet lady that was working behind the counter allowed me to use the wall phone in the back. I called Shawn and told him what happened and he said he will be right over.

"So, what are you doing in London?" I ask Harry trying to get rid of the awkward silence between us after our previous conversation.

"I live here," He answers simply without giving me any other detailed information. Harry was looking down at the table tracing random patterns on the surface with his index finger.

"What's wrong, Harry?" I ask noticing his sad expression.

"Just thinking," He swallows looking up at me.

"About what?"

"You." He shrugs. I blink at him, confused, feeling a hint of nervousness building in my stomach.

"W-what about me?" I stutter. Harry's piercing green eyes glance up at me and a slow amused smile spreads across his face.

He has dimples! Gosh, he is cute..

"Just thinking about that today is your birthday and you missed your train and you're all soaked. What a perfect night huh?" I blush.

"Don't forget my dad forgetting my birthday." I say with a small smile trying to make a joke.

"You don't seem that affected by it, do you?" Harry ask tilting his head to the side.

"Like I said, I'm used to it."

"But it shouldn't be something you should be used to." He mumbles looking down at the table before glancing up at me.

"Well you're night isn't perfect either." I say, sounding more defensive than what I intended.

"Why do you say that?"

"Well for starters you tried helping a stranded girl only to have her snap at you." I start. "Then you had to buy her a drink and shelter her from the rain because she has no where else to turn to."

"So what you're saying is that I'm stuck with you?"

"Hate to tell you." I smile apologetically.

"Why do you make it sound like it's a bad thing?"

"Because I ruined your night." I answer, looking at him confused. Does he not understand how much of a burden I've been?