Chapter 8

Ryder's POV

The next day I was annoyingly awoken by someone knocking at my door, the sound echoing off the apartment walls. I groan feeling extraordinarily tired grabbing my pillow placing it over my head.

"I'll get it!" Shawn calls out from the living room.

Shawn immediately came over last night after Katie finally convinced me to call him, from our home phone, and explain everything that had occurred. Luckily, Shawn promised me that he wasn't going to tell dad anything and I really appreciate it. Not only because it shows he is an amazing big brother but because I really don't want to have to end up dealing with my dad's inquisition of how careless I was to even be drinking in the first place.

I close my eyes as I hear Shawn talking with whoever was at the door before hearing it shut, followed by the clicking of the door lock.

"Hey Ryder, did you order something?" Shawn questions. his footsteps echoing off the hardwood floor as he stepped back into my bedroom.

"No, why?" I lazily ask, my voice sounding muffled by the pillow.

"Well a delivery man dropped this package off."

"Ugh, Katie must have ordered something." I mumble. "She was shopping online the other day just put it on the desk." I say raising my hand waving him off.

Shawn, I love you but please go away. I want to sleep.

I swear this is the last time I will ever go out, I vow to myself, but deep down I know I won't keep my word.

"But there's a note with your name on it." Shawn insists. I roll my eyes letting out a deep sigh before sitting up, pulling the pillow off my head.

Shawn sits down on my bed placing the white box in front of me as I rub my eyes before stretching out my arms. Reaching for the folded piece of paper, I open it up revealing black inked handwriting.

Normally, a man would send flowers after such an ordeal but I thought I owe you a pair. -H xx

I blink at the note, and it takes a few moments for my half asleep mind to register that the package was from Harry. I place the note down on the bed before opening up the white box, lifting up the lid, revealing light pink wrapping paper and another small note laying on top.

Sorry, couldn't find the same ones but maybe these will be easier to take off. -H xx

I smile blushing at the small innuendo but clearly I knew he meant in case if I fall over again.

Pushing the paper aside with both of my hands, my eyes gaze upon a pair of black ankle boots. I take one out of the box to fully examine them and inside I see the brand name; Saint Laurent.

"Wow." I mutter under my breath, astonished, turning the boot over in my hand.

"Wait, did Harry sent you these?" Shawn asks. I glance up at him, his eyes still scanning the note. "Is it the same guy from the train station?

"Yea." I nod. Shawn sets down the note looking up at me giving me a small smile.

"Well this was nice of him." He mutters a bit dryly and I could practically see the jealousy in his eyes.