Chapter 22

Playlist:

Recovery- James Arthur
Free & Lonely- X Ambassadors
Heathens- Twenty One Pilots
Until the Levee- Joy Williams

Ryder's POV

Cautiously, I open the door and take a step inside the house. Shutting the door behind me, I glance up seeing Shawn walking out of the living room.

Oh no.

"Look Shawn." I say as he made his way over. "I know it was wrong for leaving like that but-" I stop when Shawn wrapped his arms around me, pulling me close against his chest. Immediately, I reach up and wrap my arms around his neck.

"I'm so sorry." He whispers in my ear, hugging me tightly.

"I'm sorry too." I mutter, before he pulls away, looking down at me with soft blue eyes.

"I didn't mean to be so hard on you Ryder." Shawn frowns shaking his head.

"It's okay. I know you mean well. I shouldn't have been so dramatic." I say rolling my eyes at my outburst from earlier.

"You have a right to be angry." Shawn says, giving me a small nod.

"I have a question though." I mutter.

"Shoot."

"Did dad buy me my Shelby GT or did you?"

"Oh no, dad really did buy you that."

"Oh."

"Yeah, I actually wish it was for me." He pouts.

"Well you can use it." I say gesturing my hand towards him. "It's not really my style anyways." I say scrunching up my nose.

"Really?" He asks, his eyes lighting up with excitement.

Oh boys and their cars.

"Yeah." I nod.

"Thanks. So where did you go?"

"I went to the park." I shrug, taking off my jacket before placing it on the coat rack by the door.

"I ran into Harry and he gave me a ride." I say kicking off my converse before picking them up in my hand looking up at Shawn who was grinning down at me.

"What?" I ask, blinking at his expression.

"He gave you a ride?" He smiles, letting out a small laugh.

"Ew! Not like that!" I laugh, giving him a shove.

"Oh, Shawn. Leave the poor girl alone." Hannah says coming to a stand beside him, grabbing hold of his forearm. I smile at the gesture.

"I went to the park and he just so happened to be taking his daily run there." I explain. "We were talking, that's why I didn't answer you."

Shawn looks down at me questionably. "Are you sure you're not guilty of doing the dirty? Cause now you're blushing and explaining yourself to me."

"Ugh, you're impossible." I say rolling my eyes. "Nothing happened! Harry just gave me a ride home that's all."

"Now, I'm going to go have a shower then go to bed." I say before stepping around them quickly heading up the stairs before they could embarrass me any further.

Once I finally managed to get into the bathroom I decided that a bath may be better to relax my body. After placing a bath bomb in the tub I stripped out of my clothes and climbed inside. I let out a sigh as I sat down, the water warm against my skin. I smile laying back against the side and closed my eyes listening to the music pouring out of my phone from the counter wanting to just relax for a few minutes.