Chapter 43

Ryder's POV

It's finally the weekend and today was the day that Harry takes me to Manchester to visit his bubbly sister, Gemma. The leaves of autumn have mostly blown off the trees and winter is just around the corner but luckily the wind is a bit forgiving today.

"Here we are." Harry comments as he shuts off the car, once he parked up in the drive.

Gemma left the black gates to her house open for us, so Harry wouldn't have to get out of the car and open them and I am thankful for that because rain has started to drizzle down about ten minutes ago.

"I'm nervous." I admit, looking out the front window to the beautiful two story house.

The outside was a light brown brick color and the large garage doors were a solid black. The entrance had the same large beautiful steps with black metal railings decorated with a few pots with flowers, where they used to rest in at a much more warmer weather, along the sides of the steps. The porch ran from the entrance all the way along the side of the house were a bench sat right under the large window that peeked into the living room. A swinging bench that was attached with chains to a black four posted bar, with a small clothed roof to block out the sun during the summer, rested a few feet away from the door.

"Don't be, Gemma likes you." Harry says reassuringly while placing his hand on my knee.

"Yeah, I know." I reply, recalling the few texts Gemma and I have shared the last few days. "But still, I mean the last time I saw her I was-"

"Babe, that's in the past." Harry interjects, cutting me off short. I nod and turn my head to look up at him.

"That wasn't your fault and my sister isn't one to judge people." He says giving me a sweet smile which I return.

"Okay." I nod. "Let's go meet your sister."

We both climb out of the car into the cool weather. Once I stepped down I hear the back door of the car on Harry's side open as I reach in for my purse where I was sitting.  As I shut the door, I glance up seeing Harry making his way around the front of the car, holding our brown bag of clothes in his hand.

After adjusting the top buttons of my black trench coat, Harry and I walk hand in hand up the entrance of the stairs. As we approach the door, it swings open before Harry could reach out to open it.

"Finally!" Gemma complains, dressed in a pair of tight, dark skinny jeans and black boots with a grey sweater.

"I thought my brother was never going to let you come inside." She says immediately reaching out to hug me first. I giggle and hug her back.

"Oh geez, thanks for the love Gemma." Harry comments once I pull away from his sister.

"Oh shut it." She smiles stepping forward and wrapping her arms around him. I smile as he does the same and kisses the top of her head.

"Now, come on in I just took out a batch of fudge brownies from the oven." Gemma smiles stepping back into the house. I glance up at Harry as Gemma makes her way over to the kitchen. Harry closes the door behind him and gives me a smile.

"She loves baking." He replies simply before we make our way over to the kitchen. The house was warm, the chill from outside completely forgotten, the smell of chocolate lingering in the air.

"They smell good." I comment as we all walk over to the kitchen island. Gemma smiles at me, pushing the grey tray stacked with brownies closer to me. I give her a smile and shyly reach for one.

"I'll go place our bag up in our room." Harry says placing his hand on my arm to grab my attention.

"Okay." I smile and he returns it before pecking a kiss on my lips and I blush.