Chapter 35

Playlist:
Fools- Michael Jameson (cover)
Love Will Light The Day- The Fosters (please listen to this song if you have the chance it's beautiful and I will be adding more of these songs later at the right time:) )

Ryder's POV

I practically spring off the couch at the sound of the front door opening.

"Ryder!" Shawn calls out. "Ryder what happened?!"

"Shawn, look!" I sob, rushing over to him, tightly gripping onto the white paper. "Look, look what dad did!"

Shawn frowns at me quickly setting his stuff down on the floor, taking hold of the paper in my hand.  I place my hand over my mouth, to stop my crying as I watch his eyes scan the paper.

"When did he do this? When did you get this?" He questions, looking up at me appalled.

"This morning, he came and dropped it off this morning before he headed off to work." I sniff, wiping my nose with the back of my hand. "I bet dad already  told Harry and..." I bite my lip and tilt my head back.

"Agh, this isn't fair." I groan up at the ceiling.

"Ryder it'll be okay." Shawn says placing his hand on my arm." I will-"

"Okay? How will this be okay Shawn?" I say looking up at him. "We can't see each other anymore without having the risk of him going to jail."

"Oh God..." I breathe. "What if dad somehow makes him go to jail too? What if-" I stop shaking my head, tears running down my cheeks.

"Why? Why would dad do this to his own child?" I cry, practically begging him for answer. "Why would he take away the person that bothers to actually care for me?"

Shawn shakes his head at me, pulling me into a tight hug as I sob loudly against his chest.

Harry's POV

"This sure is bad, Harry." Liam sighs, placing the paper down on the counter of the kitchen island. "I swear you must be married to calamity."

Yeah, no kidding.

I shake my head, pacing on the other side of the kitchen island. "I don't understand." I mutter.

"What did I do, Liam? What did I do to deserve this?" I ask. "And I don't mean just the restraining order I mean everything else that has happened in my life."

I sniff. "Maybe he was right? Maybe I know nothing of how damned I really am." I say, moving around to Liam's side of the counter.

"Maybe this is a sign?"

"No Harry, this is just a selfish act made by a father filled with his own guilt." Liam says, turning around on the bar stool to face me.

"I promised her." I mutter sadly, running my tongue over my top teeth as a tear ran down my cheek. "I promised Ryder I wouldn't leave her and now..."

I hitch in a sharp breath through my teeth while clenching my hand and suddenly swinging it back over the counter, knocking our wine glasses off the counter making them shatter loudly onto the floor, earning Liam to stand off the stool in surprise.