Chapter 4

Ryder's POV

After eating a piece of the delicious cake that Katie made, I headed to my bedroom to change and get ready for dinner. I walked over to my closet taking out a few outfits laying them down on my bed on top of the white cream bed sheets.

I stare down at them biting down on my index finger trying to decide which outfit would work best for a simple dinner; I don't want to go too casual but not too fancy either.

Finally after a bit of inner debating I changed into a pair of black skinny jeans with a pair of grey ankle boots and a white shirt underneath my black trench coat.

"Would you like me to drive you?" Katie asks standing by my bedroom door leaning against the wall.

"To the train station?" I ask brushing through my hair letting my brown loose curls fall down my back and shoulders."Don't you have a late shift at the restaurant?"

"No, I asked for the day off." She replies. I hum in response placing on my grey fedora.

"So do you?" Katie presses leaning off the wall.

"Sure, thanks." I smile grabbing my wallet and train ticket off the dresser following her out.

I step into the restaurant after have taken a cab here from the train station. I was greeted by a lovely hostess with a bright smile; she escorted me to a table after asking for my name off the reservation list.

I sat down placing my wallet on the table when a women, the waiter, walked up dressed in a white shirt and black pants with green apron tied around her waist.

"Hello," She smiles at me, making the corner of her hazel eyes crinkle. The women was probably in her mid thirty's, her light brown hair was pulled into a low bun.

"Hello," I smile at her. "How are you?"

"Good thank you." She replies. "My name is Sarah and I will be your waiter for this evening."

"What can I get you?" Sarah asks taking out a note pad and pen from her pocket, pushing a loose strand of hair behind her left ear.

"Oh, well um..I-i'm actually waiting for someone." I stutter. Nice job, Ryder.

"Alright," Sarah nods. "Well would you like something to drink while you wait?"

"Um...just a coke please." I say biting my lower lip, blushing.

"Alright, I'll be back with your drink." She smiles walking away.

Once Sara left I turn my head and look out the window trying to push back my nervousness and embarrassment. I always get this flustered and shy, except when I'm drinking of course, and I hate it.

"Here's you're drink." Sarah says placing the red cup on the table along with a wrapped straw.

"Thank you." I mutter before she walked away . I reach and unwrap the straw placing it in the drink taking a sip before feeling my phone vibrate in my coat pocket. I lean back in the cushioned seat pulling my phone out.

From: Evan

Happy Birthday Darling! I'm so sorry I can't join you and you're family for dinner but you know how my boss is. I'll make it up to you I promise. Love you.