Chapter 70

Playlist:

You're the one that I want- Alex and Sierra

Ryder's POV

"Ryder get back here!" Harry says as I rush down the stairs, the thuds of his feet loud and close behind me.

"No, get away!" I laugh, stepping off the staircase before turning into the living room.

My heart is pounding hard in my chest, not because I am tired but by the fun thrill of this game. It's funny how we both changed our mood so quickly, but this is one of the reasons why I love Harry. This is one of the things I love about us. No matter what is going on, how troubled we seem to be, we always know the other will be there to cheer the other person up and if cheering up isn't possible then the person is there for full support. It's just like Harry said; he loves me deeply and I love him deeply, more than anybody else.

We may have our ups and downs but what couple doesn't. We may not be 'normal' but Harry and I are our own version of normal. Besides, normal is highly overrated.

"I've got you!" Harry says just as I feel both of his arms snake around me as I was about to run around the couch.

I squeal as he pulls me back, slamming my back to his chest as he slightly lifts me up off the floor, turning us around.

"Ah- ha ha, Harry!" I laugh, screwing my eyes shut as he dips his face into my neck, kissing and nibbling on my skin, tickling me.

"Harry! Harry stop!" I beg, feeling his small stumble on his chin below my ear. Harry laughs, pressing a kiss on my neck before placing one on my cheek.

"You meanie." I whine, but the smile on my face deceived me as I turn around to face him.

Harry raises his brows, looking amused. "Meanie? What are you six?"

I scowl at him and stick my tongue out.

Harry chuckles, placing one hand in my waist. He shakes his head, looking away from me and after a moment he takes me hand.

"Come here." He says and I furrow my brows confused as he turns around heading towards the back of the living room. My lips part as he leads us towards his large black piano.

Harry sits on the piano bench as soon as we approach it. I look at him confused and questionably, he says nothing but simply scoots further down and pats the empty space beside him. As I sit down, I try to decided if I'm dreaming or not because in all of the time I have been with him I have never heard or seen him play. I know he does because why else would he have a piano in his home? But, I also remember Niall telling me that Harry used to play a lot before when he was little.

Niall mentioned that it was his mom that taught him how to play, I was shocked to hear this because Harry really never talks about his mom and neither does Gemma. In all of the time I have been with Harry, and that I have talked to Gemma, the only time that I have heard of their mom was when Gemma was showing me photographs when we went to visit her. I know there is something more to Harry's mom, I know it's a hard topic for Harry to discuss so when it comes to this subject I don't push my curiosity on to him just like he doesn't when it comes to my mom. It's a nice mutual understanding.

I watch as Harry lifts the shiny polished lid up off the keys, locking it in its place before placing his hands on the keys. He opens and closes his hands a couple of times as if to get the feel of the keys before fully resting his hands down, but not pressing any notes.