Chapter 50

Ryder's POV

These last few weeks have been really busy for me after I turned in my article of all the pictures I took for project what's your magic? I also posted a few pictures on my Instagram while hash tagging the project name in it's description, and I was very surprised to see so many positive feed back. As a result, the Lancome company took notice and asked if I could partner with them to spread more positivity through a commercial for their new collection coming this season. When I got the news I was ecstatic and I cried in front of my dad like I never have before.

"Ryder, can you come in here please!" Hannah calls out from my father's kitchen.

Harry and I were in the living room, looking back on a few of my pictures from when I was in high school.

"Coming!" I reply shutting the photo album before standing up from the couch. Grabbing Harry's hand I lead us over to the kitchen where my whole family was gathered around by the counter and kitchen island.

"What's going on?" I ask, slightly nervous at them all looking at me.

"Well as you know our little brunch together was not just a causal hangout." Hannah says stepping around the counter and my eyes flicker over to a folded white card in her hands.

"What do you mean?" I mutter, confused.

"It's a celebration." She smiles, giving me a very less detailed answer than what I wanted.

"A celebration for what?" I press.

"Well the project we just made has sparked a lot of attention but also the attention of an amazing brand. They liked the positive vibe you were sending out and they were wondering if you would like to be the new face for one of their adverts for their upcoming collection."

"What? W-what brand?" I mutter, blinking at her.

Really? Me?

"Lancome." She replies in a sweet tone, her eyes shining softly at me.

"You're joking." I gape at her. She giggles.

"No. I'm not." She says handing me over the piece of paper she was holding in her hands. I release Harry's hand and take it from her, quickly unfolding it, to look at it's contents.

"If you agree, they want to set up a little shooting and in a few weeks when it is done you will be asked to attend the event in Paris." She says briefing me on what the letter says in my hands. I am glad because my mind is whirling, not allowing me to focus on a single word on the page.

"Congratulations, Ry." Hannah says giving me a wide smile as I glance up at her and she steps forward wrapping her arms around me.

Am I dreaming? This surely can not be real.

Tears well in my eyes as every one gives me a brief hug and once Martha, my step mom, releases me Harry pulls me to his side.

"Congratulations baby." He says pressing a kiss into my hair as I wrap my arm around his torso. When my eyes flicker up they fall on my dad, who is standing a few feet away dressed in blue jeans and a grey shirt while leaning against the counter. His arms were crossed over his chest, as he looks at me with a proud smile and teary eyes. My heart melts at the sight of him and I immediately release Harry and rush my way over to my dad, wrapping my arms around him tightly.

My dad stays still for a few seconds, shocked at my sudden warmth to him knowing that I have not been this way with him before, especially in front of so many people.

"I love you daddy." I whimper, as tears run down my face.

"I love you and I am very very proud to have you as my daughter."