Chapter 51

Ryder's POV

"I am so proud of you sweetheart." My dad says after I showed him the video that was shown at the Lancome event.

"Thanks." I smile at him as I shut my laptop before taking it off his desk.

"Anyways, I better go, my lunch time is almost over and I have work to do." I say pressing my laptop against my chest as I gaze down at him.

"Okay." He nods giving me a small smile before standing up and giving me a hug. "I'll see you later."

I nod as I exit his office and decide to go pay my boyfriend a visit. Walking down the hall, I reach Harry's door and step inside after knocking.

"Hey, Harry -" I stop when I glanced up and saw Harry and Niall standing in front of his desk.

"Oh sorry. I just wanted to come and say hi." I mutter, shifting on my feet.

"It's okay Ryder." Harry smiles at me, but his smile doesn't reach his eyes. In fact, he looked a bit upset. I glance over to Niall who gives me a polite nod as a hello.

"What's wrong?" I ask, stepping further into the room.

"Nothing." Harry shakes his head. "I-"

"The lads and I are throwing a party to celebrate for your Lancome thing and Harry here," Niall says holding up his arm gesturing over to him. "Doesn't want to go."

"No, no. I didn't say that. I said I can't go." Harry corrects, looking down at me. "There has been another killing and your dad and I are going to go check it out the crime scene in a bit."

"Oh." I mutter, feeling saddened by another poor family with a loss.

"But that doesn't mean she can't go." Niall complains, pressing the subject. "I mean it's her party."

"You know why I can't let her-"

"I'll watch her." Niall interjects, holding both of his hands out. "If you are that worried about Zayn, I'll watch her."

Oh...now I see why Harry is upset.

"No, it's okay Niall." I counter. "We can just have it another day. I don't want to have Harry worried and-"

"You can go." Harry replies, a bit reluctantly but he does.

"What?" I ask looking up at Harry before seeing Niall's lips pull into a happy smile.

"I don't want to be one of those boyfriends who don't allow their girlfriends to go out when they don't." He explains, reaching over to wrap his arm around my waist while pulling me to his side.

"Promise you will watch her carefully?" Harry asks Niall, eyeing him cautiously. Niall's blue eyes flicker down to me.

"I will. All of us will." He replies with a smile and I couldn't help but smile back at him.

"Okay then." Harry nods before Niall and I dive into a conversation of all the party details.

I semi dance to Heart Out by The 1975 as I finish applying my makeup in the bathroom mirror. My lips were a nude peachy color and my eyes were outlined with black eyeliner with a pink gold shadow and a subtle winged liner at the top.

After I was done I grabbed my phone off the counter, that was still playing the music, and walked over to the edge of the bed to place on my black Saint Laurent boots that I was kindly gifted by my wonderful boyfriend a while back.

Once I scanned myself in the mirror to fix any final details on my attire, I headed downstairs and texted Niall saying that I was ready so he could come pick me up. Taking this opportunity, I took a seat down on the couch to take a picture and send it to Harry.