Chapter 17

Ryder's POV

It was now the day of my final history exam, the rest of them have gone smoothly. Harry and I reviewed a few more things this morning but now it's basically if I know it I pass, if not we'll I don't.

"You will do fine." Harry reassures, as we walk down the hall. A few students, mostly girls, walking by kept eyeing us, before diverting their attention away whispering to eachother; most likely about Harry's attractiveness.

Yes, he is attractive I'll admit to that but I find it a bit annoying that they have to act his way. Plus, I'm pretty sure they are wondering what a guy like him is doing with a girl like me.

"You know you didn't have to walk me to class. Didn't you have to go back home?" I ask, glancing up at him, ignoring the probing eyes around us.

The last thing I need is to end up distracted and insecure before my exam.

"Yes, but I have a late shift." He explains."Don't worry about it."

"Hey, shorty!" I hear Gavin's voice greet. I glance forward seeing him walking towards us, dressed in a white button up shirt and dark blue jeans.

"Hey." I smile as he reaches over giving me a hug.

"Who's this?" Gavin asks looking over at Harry.

"I'm Harry." Harry introduces, before I could, extending his hand out to Gavin.

"Nice to meet you. I'm Gavin." He replies, shaking Harry's hand before letting go.

"So are you ready for our final?"

"As ready as I'll ever be." I reply unsurely.

"You 'll do fine." Gavin smiles."I'll go save us some seats." He says turning around walking into the classroom a few feet down the hall.

"Hey Ryder, what's this for?" Harry asks making me turn my head. He was standing close to the wall pointing to a small poster pined to a bulletin board.

"That's for the dance. The school committee thought it be nice to have a last get together for the seniors." I explain looking at the dark colored poster with gold colored lettering reading 'A night in Paris'

"Oh, are you going?"

"Well I'm not speaking to Evan so it's really unlikely." I begin. "But Katie is going with Michael and she thinks it's a good idea that I join them."

"And you don't?" Harry frowns.

"Well considering the last time I went out in public I almost got kidnapped and shot in the head..." I trail.

Harry chuckles. "Okay, let's go before you're late to class."

I nod turning around walking towards the classroom

"Hey, I have to make a quick call but I'll be right back okay?" Harry says taking his phone out of his pocket.

"Okay," I nod before he turns around walking around the corner of the hall.

I sigh, stepping in the entry way of the classroom. The seats were almost filled and our professor already has placed our exam sheets on each wooden desk. I scan the room and spot Evan in a seat right next to the window. He sees me raising his hand waving me over to him and as he does I realize that this is happening. I'm going to take my very last final.

No, no I can't do this. I'm not ready.

Quickly, I turn on my heel walking back out the door before turning to my left. I only take a few steps before I slam into someone. I groan looking up seeing Harry with his arms cross over his chest smirking at me.