Chapter 47

Playlist:
Rumors- gnash

Ryder's POV

Our hands raise to one another's; our fingers brushing against each other before lacing and coming together like unique puzzle pieces. We were silent, relaxing in bed surrounded by the dark and our breathing was back to normal. Our bodies twined like vines around a tree trunk.

Suddenly, I feel Harry shift beside me, untangling our legs a bit and I frown wondering what he was doing until I feel his nose brushing against mine. I smile at the sweet gesture and look up, his body dimly framed out by the bit of moonlight peeking through the curtains.

"I love you." Harry mutters his voice soft and sweet. I reach up and place my hand at the back of his head to pull him down to me and press my lips to his. The kiss lingered a bit before another was shared right after.

"I love you too, Harry." I reply before letting out a small yawn. A soft and amused chuckle escapes from Harry's lips.

"You're tired. Come here." He mutters shifting in bed once more until he is laying down beside me.

I smile and move over to him without any hesitation. Resting my head on his shoulder and my arm across his torso, Harry pulls the blankets higher up both of bodies before wrapping both arms around me, holding me to him.

"Go to sleep love." He says pressing a kiss into my hair and I obey, my eyes feeling to heavy to keep them open any longer.

Harry's POV

The next morning I am awake, but really awake. It's like I'm seeing the world around me in a new way, my body doesn't feel tired and gloomy, it feels...alive.

Last night...I never thought last night would end up the way it did. In a way I do feel selfish because I yelled at her, I was so rude so the fact that she let me have sex with her blows my mind. We did not just had sex, I have had sex before and last night wasn't it, last night was pure love making. Sounds cliche but true.

After Ryder had fallen asleep last night I stayed up a bit longer to admire her while she slumbered. Her face looked so innocent, no worry lines marked on her forehead, her body completely at peace as all of the bad things that has happened disappears while she rests.

I swallow my last piece of toast, while I pour myself a cup of coffee before heading off to work. I left a note on the bedside table  for Ryder to let her know where I have gone, because it's still too early to wake her and I just really didn't have the heart to.

My gun was resting in its holster on the counter next to my phone. Zayn has texted me a few times but I have deleted them, not bothering to read them at all. As I walk back over to the coffee machine to place the pot back into its place, one that I found no use at all before, a shiver rushes throughout my body as Ryder's sudden scream fills my ears.

What?

"Get off me!"

Quickly, I turn and grab my gun out of it's holster before dashing out of the kitchen and up the stairs, taking two at a time.

No no, please don't let it be him inside our house.

"Ahh! Let me go, please!" She screams, her voice strained and panicked as I rush down the hall.

As soon as I turn into the bedroom I immediately stop in the doorway holding my gun up with both hands, my eyes scooping the area to find an intruder but there wasn't one. My attention flickers over to the bed were Ryder lays covered with the sheets and black duvet, slightly thrashing in bed.