Chapter 39

Harry's POV

It's been five days, five damn long agonizing days after Ryder was taken and I was finally let out of the hospital. On my first night after surgery, while I was sleeping, James came barging into my room with his computer to show me the live feed he got sent from an unknown email. Unfortunately, whoever took Ryder is smart and kept on cutting off the feed and changing the IP address not giving us enough time to trace it to a location.

"Niall, can't you work any fucking slower?" I complain, shutting my eyes, as I rub the tips my fingers against my temples to ease my damn headache.

"I am working but it's not easy to track this thing down, Harry." He says, rolling his eyes, concentrating hard at the laptop in front of him.

I sigh, letting my arms drop on the counter. "You know what Niall? I think you should just go home."

His eyes flicker up towards me."What?" He mutters. "But Ha-"

"I need to be on my own for a while." I murmur. "Please."

Niall looks at me a second longer before he reluctantly climbs off the stool.

"Okay, well call me if you need anything." He says, walking around the kitchen island. I nod and as he walks out of the kitchen and out of sight I reach across the counter grabbing the laptop and turning it around to face me.

I scowl at the screen and play back the feed that was sent to us trying to look for any damn clues on where they could be hiding. I frown, seeing Ryder tied into a chair, no longer wearing her dress but wearing a white button up shirt to cover her body.

I swear if those fuckers touch her I am going to blow their fucking brains out.

Ryder's POV

It's been five days, five days without food or water. I have been raped and beaten but the worst part that is killing me is the thought of not knowing if Harry is even alive. Nathan left a few hours ago leaving me tied back in a chair just as I was before, but now, wearing his shirt to cover my naked body.

My body was shaking of how cold I felt and despite of that, my hair, which was now messy and no longer pinned up, stuck to my face and neck with how sweaty I was as my body tried to produce heat to keep myself warm. Shiver after shiver racked my body as my teeth chattered, the cloth wrapped around my mouth making my already dry throat more dry, absorbing whatever bit of saliva my mouth tried to produce. Thankfully though, they did allow me to use the restroom in the back.

I let out a small gasp feeling a hand on my shoulder seeing Jonah.

"Are you cold?" He asks before looking around. I nod, shakily at him.

"Here, I brought you this." Jonah says softly, raising his hands up unfolding a dark blue, thin blanket. I watch him quizzically as he reaches over wrapping it around me.

"It's not much but it'll have to do." He says leaning over, holding the blanket into place around me.

"Of course if you don't get warm enough soon there is another way." He says, making my eyes snap open. I complain, letting out muffled pleas as I try to wiggle out of his embrace.

"Shh, shhh." He says grasping my chin to hold me in place. "I'm just thinking about your well being."

"You're just so beautiful." He whispers, his breath hitting my ear as he kisses my cheek.