Chapter 56

Playlist:
Broken Frame- Alex and Sierra
I Miss You- The Fosters Cast

(I placed this song here cause it was short and I wanted to add it in xoxox)

Harry's POV

I was very late this morning to work, last night I got so wasted that I slept through my alarm. By the time I arrived at the offices, our daily meeting was nearly over. When I barged into the conference room, James didn't bother questioning me where I was, his constant glances towards me during the rest of the meeting gave me enough constellation that he already knows what happened.

No matter how hammered I got last night, how fuzzy and pounding my head might be right now, her face is still lingering. It keeps playing over and over again like some sort of movie of the many different laughs and carefree expressions I have seen her have.

Things are better this way. She will find someone better, someone who isn't a danger to her life. But God how I miss her and it hasn't even been a full day yet.

"Harry...Harry." James voice says snapping me out of my daze. I look up and see him standing at the end of the table. I blink glancing around, now noticing that the meeting room is empty.

"Sorry." I mutter, removing my cheek from my palm as I uncross my leg from the other and straighten myself in the chair.

"You got wasted last night didn't you?" He sighs, pulling out the chair beside me before sitting down. I nod.

"I just...I had to get her broken expression out of my head." I mutter.

"I'm sorry. The last thing I wanted to do was hurt her." I shake my head.

"I know. Ryder told me she got the file from my study. But why did you say those things if you are clearly upset about her leaving?" He scowls, confused.

"Tobias."

"What?" James blinks, looking at me with wide eyes.

"Tobias was in our-my house." I correct. "He was there when I got home from work and then Ryder got home and I panicked. I said what I had to in order for her to leave."

"I just don't want him to hurt her." I add.

No not her too.

"Harry, what if you just-"

"I'm going to go start on my paper work or else I'll fall way behind." I interrupt him, standing up from my chair before he could say anything else.

Ryder's POV