Chapter 36: Reaching the Waterfall

Leviathan Estate

Thunderous sound booms around the skies. "Ahhhh" Lucy yells, feeling a fist slamming down her stomach, sending her crashing to the ground. "Lucy, you need to focus on your defense more, you're rushing into battle bluntly. Leaving yourself full of openings". The Makasha gets to her feet, looking up to see Serafall floating up in the air, with her wings out.

Lucy releases her wings. Serafall look at the blonde's wings seeing it different from the normal devil wings, Lucy wings have blue flames outline making it look quite threatening, it looks like her wings can cut through anything. Lucy dash up in the air toward the Leviathan bringing her right fist forward, Serafall block the attack with her right palm, the cloud explodes from the shockwave of the attack. Serafall squeeze the blonde's hand making her wince in pain, then she delivers a punch to the Makasha's stomach with her left hand, sending the blonde down.

Lucy regains her balance mid air and sends a giant blue fire ball toward the Leviathan with her right hand. Serafall summons her magic wand which is a full pink color, the tip of the wand turns circle shape with a golden star on the middle. She points it toward the fire ball that is speeding toward her. "Ice Wave" the golden star glows and fires a giant blast of ice, the two-attack clash, creating a giant explosion, covering the whole estate.

Lucy lands back on the ground holding her bruise stomach, suddenly she feels a presence behind her. Lucy spins kick behind but Serafall block it by bringing her right arm up, The Leviathan tap her wand at Lucy stomach softly, sending the blonde away, crashing into a tree.

Suddenly the alarm rings, Serafall dispel her staff and shut the clock "Okay Lucy, it's time to take a break" She said, the blonde gets back up wobbly, cursing under her breath, the pink Satan giggles a bit, "Did you have to be that hard in training Sensei?" Lucy asks taking a sit on a chair next to a table which has two glass of water.

Serafall takes her own sit "Well Lucy-chan didn't I told you that I wouldn't go easy if I trained you" the blonde nod "Yeah I remember" Serafall grab the glass of water and take a sip "Sensei, may I ask why accept me as your student? Sirzech-sama told me that you never train anyone before and that I'm your first apprentice" The blonde takes a drink of her water, then turn to the older woman.

"It's true that I never take a apprentice under my wing, being honest with you Lucy, I don't really know why but back then thinking of having one was just not in my interests" "Then why me?" The blonde asks again. Serafall turn to Lucy giving her a smile "Hmm maybe there's something special about you, when you came barging in my office asking for training I see allot of determination in your eyes that I couldn't say no, but may I ask why are you doing this Lucy, why are you pushing yourself so hard?" she ask breaking out of her childish character, being more serious.

Lucy looks at her glass of water suddenly a image of Nawin appear in her mind, the mark on his neck start spreading around his body, his red eyes look at her with sinister, venom, evil completely different from the warm, kind, stoic, in those eyes that she is use to, seeing this make her froze in shock. Lucy clench the glass tightly making it crack which Serafall take notice "I want to get stronger to protect someone I care deeply for" The Leviathan smile warmly hearing this "You must really care deeply for this person".

Lucy calm down and nod "I would go through heaven and hell to protect them" She said, Serafall puts her class of water down then stands up, walking toward the field at the back of her estate where the two train, it's a portion of the land on her estate "Well then Lucy lets continue this training" The blonde smile, she puts the glass of water down on the table then follow her sensei, Serafall glance behind her looking at the smiling blonde 'You will get stronger Lucy, I promise you that'