Chapter 136: Tragedy Befall, Words Of The Past

Enjoy the latest chapter, everyone! ^.^

Thursday comes and unlike other days, today at early morning the City of Kuoh is already experiencing a heavy rain that's soaking it to the extent that flooding could occur at any given moment. Lightning strikes can occasionally be seen in the south followed by the booming thunder sound. It is now near lunchtime, and the rain hasn't let up in the slightest.

In the house of the Makasha's, Nawin is seated by the edge of Asia's bed, staring down at her flustered face, short breathing pattern, and tint red nose with concern etched on his face. He brings the wet towel from the bowl and gently places it on her forehead. "Get well, Asia" he whispers, grasping the blonde's right hand, giving it a soft squeeze.

The young girl woke up this morning to find herself getting a cold which no doubt is caused by the rainy weather for the past few days. With Asia being blind, her body isn't as healthy as the rest and receiving common sickness like this becomes more likely.

Nawin decided to skipped school today to look after his sister. Akeno and Lucy already left together in the morning. His parents are currently out to the center of the city for groceries and getting the sick blonde some medicine.

"Huh," Nawin release a tired sigh, bringing his left hand to his face "This week has been utter torture," he mutters, massaging his eyes, a noticeable black bag can be seen underneath the eyes to indicate the lack of sleep he's been receiving. Sighing once more, Nawin removes the hand from his face to look toward the window, seeing the heavy rain pouring from outside. "I hate this rain," he whispers in stoic tone "Ever since this weather arrived nothing good has happened here... The irony is that I love rains." Nawin chuckles dryly before returning gaze to his sister and takes notice someone else napping beside her.

The Makasha smile at their dog, watching Sairis cuddling beside the sick blonde in an almost guarding way. "You really are a weird dog, Sairis," Nawin utters, extending his left hand to the pup and gently stroke its head, making her breathe in content and lean to the touch.

Pulling back from the puppy, Nawin releases Asia's hand to stand up quietly. He looks to see her in deep slumber. "Sleep will do her good," he utters, picking up an empty bowl that used to be filled with chicken soup then exit the room, gently shutting the door behind.

Nawin descent the stairs and heads to the kitchen. Placing the bowl in the sink, he turns the tap on and grabs the scrub to proceed cleaning the bowl. After done with the task, he heads to the leaving room and collapse on one of the couches.

'What is this feeling,' Nawin's eyes narrow, staring at the dark ceiling in a dimly lit living room 'I've been getting this... Ominous atmosphere since waking up. Something isn't rig-" the Makasha's eyelids start dropping, sleepiness takes over his body after days of getting virtually none. Not willing to fight it, knowing that Asia is now eaten and sleeping, Nawin let himself fall into a void of slumber.

School

"Asia's not well?" Issei asks taking a bite of a cheeseburger. The Occult club members are currently having lunch in their building. Some are absent in the room, being Senna, Momo, Akame, Kokoro, and Elise. Either because they aren't a member or have other priorities. "Yes," Akeno confirm, taking a sip of tea before placing it on the table "She's contracted a cold" "Considering the weather," Yuuto speaks, indicating to the rain hitting the building's roof to create a thudding noise "It is not a surprise."

"Is that why Nawin-senpai is absent?" Xenovia question "To look after her?" "Yes, he insisted," Akeno says through her expression grimace afterward. Rias catches this "He doesn't want to be here, does he?" "Yes, even though he didn't outright say it. I got the clear impression he isn't interested in coming to school today..." "He's been down lately," Riser throws in, chewing on some tuna maki "And it is bugging me not to know what's the cause" "Aww, your concern for him?" Issei tease "Yeah, because I can actually call him a friend... Unlike you, Hyoudou."