Chapter 151: Introduction, Miraya's Plan

Here is the latest chapter! Hope everyone enjoys it! ^.^

"Hmm, hmm," Noel hums a song with his in a melodic voice while seated on a private booth in a restaurant, waiting for his breakfast. His eyes are glued onto a book he is currently reading. Flipping through a page have Noel's smile widens to show the enjoyment he is having with the literature. "Oh... If only life is as easy as this story," the Blonde man comment before releasing a sigh.

Noel peaks over the book when hearing the curtain rustles before it opens to reveal Raynare entering. Noel's eyes widen slightly by this unexpected visit and immediately closes his book, placing it on the wooden table while his superior takes a seat on the opposite end. "Good morning, Lady Raynare," Noel greets with a kind smile "I didn't expect to see you here."

Raynare rests her arms on the table and looks at the young man straight in the eyes. "It's on my own volition... I am here to talk about your task. Ever since we recruited you, all our other potential recruits have failed. We can't have this one being another failure, Noel" "I know," "And a reminder, if this recruit you have your eyes on does turn out to be a disappointment... Expect your goodwill toward our Mistress to be severed" "Oh," Noel chuckles "I am very well aware of that, Lady Raynare."

Noel twirls the white straw in his glass of water around for a few times before shifting back to the woman. "Don't worry, Ivory will be an excellent addition to our organization. All I had to do is look into her eyes... That girl has been through some hardships in her early years but was able to overcome it with her own two hands. That kind of person is strong... And can get much stronger as time goes by."

Raynare crosses her arms and leans back. "Is she all of that? Because targeting Nawin Makasha to prove herself doesn't spell clever. She's useless as a corpse" "I know," Noel chuckles "But, you should not underestimate her. Ivory is a smart individual. Honestly, I think her going after the big one displays the level of confidence she has in her abilities, and also shows her fearlessness. Any other normal individuals would flee on sight if they were to spot the Black Flash" "... I can see where you are coming from" Raynare admits.

"Though," Raynare's violet eyes gleam in intrigue "What is it that makes you so confident of her ability?" "Well," Noel lets out a carefree smile while his eyes sharpen in intellect. "I have informed you that she is human, yes?" "Correct," "Humans... They have limits. They are fragile creatures that will wither away in time. They die when we are still growing up. Human has a shallow glass ceiling that can never be broken through. So, what if one day a person was born that shattered through that ceiling and became something more?" "You are referring to the ones that are blessed with Sacred Gears, Noel" "I am not, actually. Lady Raynare, Ivory shattered through that low glass ceiling without a Sacred Gear. She is an individual that's superior to normal humans in every way possible."

Instead of being intrigued or impressed, Raynare shows skepticism. "Noel... Even if that is the case. Humans are still weak in the end. If this is all she has to offer, she will not pose a threat to the Black Flash in the slightest" "Ahaha," Noel merely laugh "You are underestimating her, Lady Raynare. Though, I utterly get your doubts. Trust me, Ivory is special... I've seen her in action, and all I shall say is that I was thoroughly impressed" "... Does she possess a Sacred Gear?" "Of course, but... She preferred not to use it" "Why is that?" "That I don't know, but it seems to be for a personal reason."

Raynare stares at Noel for a moment before giving the nod and stands up. "Very well," she utters in her tranquil tone "Hope this Ivory Sayaka will meet your expectation, Noel. Realized that there's a chance depending on how she performs would mean life or death for you," "I am very well aware, Lady Raynare" Noel says with a polite smile. Raynare was about to turn around and leave "Oh, one thing," Noel speaks, making her turn to him "Yes?" "How's Mistress Sayomi? I haven't received word from her for a while now... Just from you" "... She's currently away on an important task" "Task?" "Secret... Even to myself" "Ah, I see."