Chapter 157: Carnage In Red Spiral, Deep Connection

First, I want to say sorry for the delay, everyone! Last week I suffered from a sickness that took me a little over a week to recover from.

Fortunately, I am better now to present to all of you the next chapter!

Hope everyone enjoys it!

"Ehehehe!" the energetic ten-year-old Nawin bolts out of the house, skipping for the front gate but instead of pushing it, he spins around and raises his right arm to wave. A big and adorable grin adorned on his slightly chubby face. "Come on, Sayomi! We gotta hurry before there are too many people!"

Stopping by the front door, Sayomi sends a warm smile to the exciting boy. "I'm coming, my dear." Before the Pureblood was able to take a step out, a voice from behind stops her. "Sayomi," Yao steps out from the living room and stand at the hallway, looking at the Vampire's back. Sayomi's eyes become sharp ever slightly then glance back at the Mother. Yao's eyes were anything but soft or warm. "Look after him... If he gets taken and put through that situation again, then things will have to change."

Silence fell between the two for several seconds before Sayomi opens her mouth to give a response. "Your son is my whole world... I won't let any harm come to him again, Yao." With that answer, Sayomi turns forward and steps out of the house, walking towards Nawin. The hardness in Yao's eyes considerably softens when she watches her beloved son takes the Pureblood hand with glee before both of them departs to the park. When looking at how the two interact, love is the word that would come to anyone's mind. Seeing how happy her son regularly is when he's with Sayomi made those words Yao said hurt her. But, she would say it a thousand more if it helps keep her precious son safe.

After taking Nawin to Shinko park, Sayomi needs a moment to relax by the bench, watching Nawin playing in a sandbox. She wears a loving smile when seeing the young boy just beaming while creating some sort of castle out of the sand. Playing in a sandbox has been one of Nawin's favorite activities.

Though, that smile wanes ever slowly as Sayomi's mind drags back to the event transpired just a few days before. The horrid event of which Nawin got kidnapped by Fallen Angels when he tried to interfere with their hunt. Sayomi's face twitches when she remembers the madman of a scientist that hired the Fallen Angels ready to experiment with Nawin just before she arrived.

Sayomi remembered the absolute furious look on Yao's face when she told her the story. Jonathan was the same with his wife, but he hid it well. And in truth, if it wasn't for his calm words, Yao may have done more than just lecturing. Sayomi knew she should have gone with Nawin to pick up the ice creams, but she allowed him to persuade her that he can go alone. When Nawin gave that adorable grin, Sayomi just couldn't find herself fighting against him. And that naive weakness led the event to happen.

Suddenly, Sayomi's sight shift to the right to the forest area of the park. Her eyes begin to glow while the pupils sharpen. A Stray Devil hiding behind the tree, a man dressed in a discreet black cloak gasp and stumbles back in fear by the glare. Those blood-red eyes hold so much wrath and power that it causes his heart to freeze. Before the man even has the chance to take another step to retreat, his entire being implodes in a gush of blood and organs that paints the green grass in black.

'Fucking strays,' Sayomi spat with hatred 'Dare laying their disgusting sights on him.' "Sayomi?" small hands reach up and grab hold of the Pureblood's knees. Blinking, Sayomi shifts her head down to see Nawin looking up at her with those big brown eyes. Concern shines in them. "Are you angry?" the boy innocently asks, "Your eyes are glowing!" Seeing Nawin immediately sets Sayomi at ease and calm her heart. She offers a reassuring smile. "It's ok, my dear. You needn't worry."