Chapter 170: Desperate Chase! Bonds Deep As Family

Hi everyone! It has been a while, so I hope all of you are doing well!

Now, this chapter definitely took me a while. I've been busy with certain stuff but was also suffering from one of the worst writer's blocks I've ever had. For nearly two months, I couldn't write much. Frustrated me to no end. Either I am staring at the blank page, or I was scraping whatever I had written. Lots of rewrites in certain parts, more than I could count. But! I've pushed through and was able to complete it! And again, I want to thank all of you for your patience!

I never want to rush out a chapter if I felt it wasn't up to par. All of you deserve better than that.

Now then, I've kept all of you waiting long enough, so without further ado!

Enjoy the latest chapter, Readers!

"Where have you run off to?!" Souring above the starry night sky, a pair of Fallen Angels stalk below at the abandoned mill with their piercing green eyes. A sadistic smirk plaster on their expressions. "Come out! There's no point in hiding from us!"

Cowering by the rusty entrance door inside the mill, a ten-your-old boy has both hands covering his mouth. Cover in sweat and his lungs aching in pain by the nonstop chase he's been on. He desperately sucks in air through his mouth while attempting to remain as quiet as possible. His grey-steel eyes shake frantically from both anxiety and fear.

Hesitant at first, the boy finally uncovers his mouth and holds his breath for a moment. He carefully leans to the side and peeks through the gap of the door to look outside. A gasp almost jumps from his throat when he sees the Fallen Angels land on the ground, not far from the mill's entrance.

Feeling his heartbeat picking up, the boy hides behind the large metal door, clutching his blue satchel close to the chest. Hearing their footsteps getting closer, he begins to frantically look around the darkened room for another area to hide. But, he knows the second he gets to his feet, the Fallen Angels will detect him. "The brat must be hiding in there." Their voice grows closer then, out of fear, the boy hurries to his feet and breaks off in a sprint. "That's him!"

"Ahh!" A scream leaves the boy's mouth when an explosive sound booms from behind. No doubt, the Fallen Angels has forcibly pushed through the steel doors. "There you are, you little shit!" The boy hears a high-pitch cracking sound emits and knows the pair have summoned their light weapons.

Sensing a sound of an object piercing the wind, the boy quickly halts then jumps behind a pillar to narrowly avoid a light lance hurling through the air. When the dangerously sharp weapon hits the ground, he gasps in horror when noticing it's pinned at the exact spot where he just stood on.

"You got nowhere to run, kid!" A sinister voice comes from the right, and the boy feels his blood go cold. He looks over and eats a backhand to the side of the face, sending him spinning around the air before crashing into a collection of crates.

"Huh." The tallest out of the pair snicker at the scene, watching the dust clear to show the boy laying on the broken pile of wood, his frail body trembling in pain. "Capture the brat," he barks at the other men. "The boss patients is running thin already after losing him" "Sure. Still, I don't get why he's so insistent in wanting this brat. His is Sacred Gear even worth getting?" "When he awoke it, he managed to eliminate half of the group that night." "He really killed half of our guys? Damn."

Standing in front of the prone boy, the Fallen Angel leans over and snatch him by the hair with no mercy. "Gahh!" A painful yelp leaves the child's mouth as he is lifted above the ground. "Oh, look at those kicks!" The man tauntingly comments as he watches the boy flailing weak kicks at him in an attempt to retaliate.