Chapter 164: The Harsh Reality, Sayomi's Past

Hi everyone! I'm sorry for the delay! For the past few months, I've been crazy busy with the family business. Nothing bad happened, I assure you.

Truthfully this chapter went through some changes as I wasn't confident with some of the parts I wrote early on before I left on a trip. So the rewrites have held this chapter back.

Anywho! I shouldn't keep you all waiting for it any longer!

Enjoy the latest chapter, everyone! Once again, thank you for all the kind comments and support!

Nawin, Sayomi, and Akame stood firm in their position. None move a muscle in the tense air hovering around them. Still stunned by his Knight's unexpected appearance, Nawin couldn't find the words to speak after uttering her name.

Akame's eyes shift to Sayomi, who gives an intense gaze back as those blood-red eyes glow. The moment those slit eyes radiate, Akame disappears and reappears in front of the Pureblood with the unsheathe Black Thunder in hand. Pushing Nawin aside, Sayomi lifts her right arm and block the downward strike with the forearm. The crimson blade grinds into the hard skin to create sparks. Both women glare at one another and hold their ground. "What did you do to him?" Akame utters in a quiet but sharp tone, "Simply giving him the truth," Sayomi retorts.

In a swift motion, Akame clenches her left hand tightly into a fist and throws it forward. When the attack connects to the side of Sayomi's face, silence befalls. Akame grits her teeth as the Pureblood merely remain to stare at her, not the slightest affected by the punch. Placing the right palm on Akame's stomach, Sayomi snaps it forward to send the Knight blasting away. Losing her grip on it, Akame drops Black Thunder to the ground as she throws up saliva by the brutal strike before crashing face-first onto the earth.

Taking a step forward, Sayomi halts when Nawin appears in front, finally snapping out of his shock. "Stop, Sayomi!" "Then control your Knight," she replies simply, crossing her arms. Nawin didn't say anything else and rush towards Akame, who's now on all fours, taking deep breaths to get air back to her lungs. "Akame," Nawin speaks as he kneels to the side, looking down at his Knight with concern. "Stop this. I-" "Did y-you forget what I said before, Nawin-kun?" Akame utters as she wipes her mouth before looking over to face him. "In Vamhaven." Nawin's eyes slowly widen, 'If I ever feel a malicious intent from her, I will attack her to protect you, Nawin-kun, even if you are against my action. Your life is the most important thing to me.' Those words Akame uttered replay clearly in his mind.

As Nawin remains still, Akame grabs the Black Thunder laid on the left and shakily rises to her feet. She glares ahead at the Pureblood and points the red blade at her. Sayomi did not conceal the look of impress in her eyes. Even though she is aware of the outcome, knowing she stood no chance against her. Akame still stands there strong to protect Nawin. That action cause Sayomi's lip to twitch upwards ever slightly.

"This is why I like you, Akame," Sayomi speaks up, "You have an unwavering passion for protecting Nawin. Loyal and genuinely care for him. You remind me of an old friend of mine who was just like that towards him." Akame's lower the blade ever slightly while Nawin stands up, wondering who Sayomi was implying when mentioning this old friend of hers.

Shaking his head and focusing on the situation in hand, Nawin steps forward and lightly grab hold of his Knight's tense shoulder to get her attention. "I know it's a lot to ask, Akame, but please lower your sword." When finally taking a moment to look into her King's eyes, Akame's sword slowly falls to the side. She turns to fully face him while wearing a look of shock when seeing the light once again shining in those brown eyes. That horrid empty and hollow look that has haunted her is now gone. And the faint but warm smile worn on his face has her heart swell in happiness.