Chapter 161: Past Unearth

Enjoy the latest chapter, everyone!

In the dark room and seated motionlessly on the edge of the bed, Miraya stares stoically at the screen of her phone to show three calls made to Nawin that's been unanswered. With a deep sigh, she tosses the phone to the bed before rising to her feet. The morning sunlight can be seen desperately peeking through the curtains and shining into the room.

Walking towards the main table and stop in front of it, Miraya reaches her right arm up, but her eyes abruptly widen in pain. "Guh!" she collapses to her knees, but desperately clutches onto the surface of the table to prevent falling entirely onto the floor. Miraya's mouth shakily widens, but her right-hand covers it. Sweat starts dripping down her forehead as she remains there still for a moment, getting her breathing rhythm in check to calm her heart.

After a minute pass by, Miraya releases her mouth to take a full inhale before exhaling. Pushing herself up to her feet using the table, the Culdos looks down and use one of her hand to pull a drawer out. What greets her inside is the beautiful ruby brooch that still lays there on the clean white napkin made of pure silk. Reaching in to grab it, Miraya takes a step back and drops down onto the chair.

Releasing a shaky exhale, Miraya brings the brooch up then opens her eyes to look at it. The pure ruby jewelry is shaped like an oval and fits perfectly in the Culdos's hands. Even in the dark, it shimmers majestically. With a weak smile that's filled with many emotions, Miraya closes her eyes and press her lip onto the brooch. "I don't know how long I can keep doing this, Nawin. Please remember...'

Occult Academy

"What?!" Issei and Xenovia shout simultaneously while Koneko, Gasper, and Yuuto simply stare at Asia in disbelief. Leaning on the desk, Rias stares at her Bishop stood at the center of the room with a sad and regretful gaze. 'So, it happened... Oh, Akeno.'

"B-But," Issei looks to the floor while his hands clenched into fists so tight that the knuckles turn white. 'Everything will be fine.' Those words that he uttered with confident when he saw Nawin's genuine smile at the buffet. He looked happy and optimistic. How can in mere days all come crashing down?

"Why?" Xenovia steps up and grabs Asia by the shoulder "This has to be a joke, right? Nawin-senpai and Akeno were always so close! They love each other dearly!" "Xenovia," Rias calls out when seeing the Makasha was starting to get emotional. Koneko came to her friend's side to help comfort, while Xenovia take a step back then faces at the Gremory. "Why are you wearing that look? Do you know something that we don't?" That draws everyone's attention to Rias.

"Rias?" Issei speaks up, seeing some hesitation in his lover's eyes. With a heavy sigh, Rias looks up at everyone then gives a small nod. "Yesterday, I learned that following our separation after the buffet... Akeno and Miraya had an argument while Nawin was in the house feeding Sairis. Their arguing led to a dispute, and Akeno tried to strike Miraya. Using her powers."

The entire room falls silent as the group gawks at their King in sheer disbelief. "T-that can't be," Gasper whispers out, knowing Akeno for years and always seen her as a kind older sister like Rias. He just finds it impossible to believe Akeno would do such a thing. "Who was the source?" Yuuto inquires "Akame appeared and suddenly punched Akeno. She was livid. I presumed she learned it from Miraya as Nawin-kun isn't one to freely speak out on a matter like that. Lucy was present, so she forced Akeno to reveal everything. So, it's the truth, Yuuto. As much as I wished it wasn't the case. Akeno tried to attack Miraya."

"Is Miraya-san ok?" Issei question "Nawin stepped in before anything could have happened. He left with Miraya after that, and he hasn't been home since" "W-where is he?" Asia begins to tear up more and tries to wipe the drops away with the sleeve of her shirt. "I want to s-see, Onii-chan. I c-couldn't last night because everything just happened so fast. I want to see if he is ok!" Koneko pulls her friend into an embrace while the rest can only stare at the weeping blonde with sorrow.