Chapter 142: Bloody War! Eliminate The Captains!

Apologies, everyone for the chapter lateness. I have been traveling a lot recently due to relative's reason. Nothing too serious, but it has taken my time away from the book. So, that's what I wanted to say! The next chapter may suffer a bit of a delay as well. Just a heads up. Though after that everything should be back to normal.

Enjoy the latest chapter, everyone! ^.^

"Puny soldiers! Get out of the way!" a humongous man clad in heavy black army swings the sharp halberd to the side. A gallon of blood explodes to the air with the dismembered limbs of dozen of Carmilla's soldiers splattering to the blood-stained earth. "Ahahaha!" the man laughs in joy; his voice is deep and in a thick accent of Romanian.

"Oy, dickhead!" Riser blasts to the right with the flaming wings and sends a stiff right knee to the back of the enemy's neck that sends the large man screaming and barreling forward, crashing into a boulder. Discarding the wings, Riser drops on his feet and looks ahead. The man emerges from the dust, glaring at the Phenex with enrage red eyes through the helmet eyeholes. "You devil dare interrupt my fun!?" "Oh, don't worry, big guy," Riser wears the trademark Phenex's smirk and brings his hands out of the pockets, flames start forming around the arms "I'll give you such a good time that you'll turn to ashes!"

Thrusting both arms forward, Riser releases two fireballs to the man. "I, Captain Albert shall not go down by puny flames!" the Captain roars and spins the halberd in the air before swiping it forward to the incoming fireballs, combusting them in impact.

"Captain Albert!" a group of men from Albert's battalion comes from the right, rushing toward the Phenex with their weapons unsheathes. Riser turns and sees some discharging magic blasts. To counter, Riser extends his arms to the side and begins spinning around in rapid speed. Flames come to life around the arms, and soon a vortex of orange flames comes to distances.

"W-what," "Ahh-ahhh!" "S-shiittt!" all of the men gets suck into the flames and disintegrate into ashes, unable to withstand the famous fire of the Phenex. Riser burst from the side of the vortex "Take this!" he shouts and swings a right leg around to smash at the vortex, sending it speeding toward Albert.

"Meaningless!" the Captain roars and slams the head of the halberd to the ground. With a shout, he pushes it up to send a large size boulder flying forward. The vortex collides with the rock and unable to destroy the solid object. It disperses into tiny, harmless sparks.

Riser cuss and starts producing more flames. "Tell me!" Albert slams his weapon to the ground, staring hard at his opponent "Why are you partaking in this war?! It has nothing to do with you devils!" he yells out. Riser's expression softens, and a smirk makes way to his face "Because an idiot friend of mine is participating in this war" he answers. An image of Nawin flashes in the Phenex's mind. Riser's expression hardens, and the flames around his arms become fiercer, "Being honest I don't care much about this war, but I am not about to let him go into this battle alone. The rest of my comrades and I will help him succeed in this!" he shouts and blasts forward at the grinning Captain.

"Gahhh!" Issei is pushed back from troops of men discharging magic blasts in sync. The blasts impacted at the side of his body and send him sliding away. Fortunately, his jacket is made of a special material that absorbs attack created by mana. Ultimately lessening the blow. Similar to Nawin's own signature jacket.

"Fire more!" one of the men shouts, and all begin gathering mana in their hands. Issei hears the men roars and looks up to see a humongous red magic blasts coming toward him, created by all the soldiers. Issei pulls the boosted gear back and starts powering up "Boosts... Time Ten!" he exclaims and thrust the gauntlet forward "DRAGON SHOT!" an even bigger blast discharges by the Hyoudou and sends flying toward the opponent's attack.