Chapter 153: An Unexpected Visitor, Ivory Advances

Sorry for the delay, everyone. There have been some last minute changes for the chapter. I realized I was pushing too many things into a single chapter which caused it to come out looking too messy.

Thank you for always being patient!

Without further ado! Here's the latest chapter. Hope everyone enjoys it! ^.^

Slamming the empty glass cup onto the table, a soft groan escapes from the lip of Ivory Sayaka. A soothing, jazz song plays on the record in the dimly lit bar. Today's is it the day of purple. With the entire room shines in faint purple lights to create a synchronize atmosphere that fits that of the bar and the song being played.

A young blonde bartender stops in front of the beautiful woman and gives her a concerning look. "That's your seventh... I think that's enough for you, Miss" "Shut up and fill another one in," Ivory retorts and throws a couple of thousand yens on the table. The man sighs before reluctantly goes to create another drink for his customer.

The bar is currently empty, which is appropriate considering it is the morning. Unlike other bars in Kuoh, this is the few ones that stay open for 24hours straight. Though, unlike others, this is more of a private establishment that you would have to stumble upon to find it.

Releasing another sigh, Ivory brushes the bangs away from her face then looks up at the television on the wall. Right now, some news is playing on the screen.

"Here," the bartender returns with a new glass filled with their special house-made drink. The beautiful red liquid glisters in the glass. "You sure you are at an age to drink these?" the man asks, setting the cup down in front of the woman. "You are asking that now?" Ivory replies with a faint smirk, taking the glass and have a small sip. "Well, this bar doesn't have any age restriction..." "I see. Well, I am old enough" Ivory answers, placing the glass down.

"Still young..." the man state, setting his hands on the table "I've been through many shits in life, Bartender," Ivory retorts and looks at the man in the eyes "Drinking help ease those thoughts," "You are overexaggerating... You are drunk." "Overexaggerating? What if I told you that when I was ten... My own dear mum tried to kill me by taking my small neck into her large hands then slowly start squeezing it, all the while I was asleep. She squeezed and squeezed until I was woken from my slumber to see that hateful and crazed look in her blue eyes. Glaring down at me as she tried to suffocate me to death."

The Bartender is left speechless at the sudden story. His wide green eyes stare at the smirking woman. "So," Ivory takes the cup and have a large sip before slamming it back on the table, "I think I deserve to drink as much as I want." "I-is that the truth?" the man was unable to keep those words in "Huh," Ivory snort and shift her head elsewhere "I am not drunk enough to answer that, Mister Bartender. Perhaps it was, perhaps it wasn't..."

"Whoa! There's an entire bar here?!" the door slams out and in work three huge and rugged men. "Welcome," the Bartender greets without missing a beat while Ivory ignores the newcomers entirely. The group stride toward the counter with arrogance like they owed the place. The Bartender's eyes flash in slight worry, seeing that if he doesn't handle these people properly, it will cause trouble to fall on him.

The middle man and tallest of the bunch slams his arms on the table before taking a seat. "Give us your best beer, buddy!" "... Right away," the Bartender answers then sends a worry glance at Ivory before departing into the other room to fetch the drinks.

Ivory is seated a few chairs away from the men and minding her own business. Holding the glass and sipping the drink while her eyes focus on the television. 'My last drink then,' she thinks, not feeling like extending her stay any longer amidst rowdy people being here.