Chapter 168: Doubt, Irina's Request

Hi everyone! I hope all of you are in good health and staying safe!

It took a while, but here's the latest chapter! Definitely one of the longest, so I hope all of you enjoy it!

Vibrant and colorful is the view that can be seen for miles on end. Flowers of all types sway to the sides by the calm breeze blowing through the realm of light. And at the center of the endless sea of flowers shows a large, square-shape marble gravestone. "It's been a while, hasn't it, Mother?" A pretty bouquet of roses is placed in front of the grave by Sayomi, she drops to one knee in respect. The sad blood-red eyes gaze at the gold engraving on the marble that reads 'Here Lies A Wonderful Woman And A Loving Mother. Satomi Valhell.'

"How many years has it been since I last visited you?" The Pureblood stare at the exotic world she created. Nothing but white, pure sky, and vivid flowers. "Must be over five years now... Following losing Nawin, I came to visit you." A solemn smile forms on Sayomi's face when reminiscing the difficult moments of her past. Inhaling a deep breath, Dracul exhales and looks back at the tombstone. "Sorry for not visiting more often, Mother... Though," the smile on Sayomi's face widen slightly, "If you were here, you'd probably ridiculed me on somethings else, won't you?" A faint chuckle escapes from the Pureblood's mouth, "You must hate the position I'm in right now."

Taking a seat, Sayomi soaks in the warm breeze blowing past her, lifting her soft silver locks up for a moment, her eyes remain fixed at the name etched in the gravestone. "... It's been a while, Karasu." Sayomi glances back, gazing at the person as tall as her stepping out of the spirals of flower petals. That black cloak with red roses flutters gently by the wind until it settles. Those stoic violet eyes stare undeviatingly at the Pureblood's blood-red orbs.

The Akumi member stride towards Sayomi, who returns attention back to the grave. She feels pressure behind as Karasu takes a seat opposite, their backs leaning against each other. For a moment, a calm silence past as the only sound made is the occasional breeze. "What are you planning, Sayomi?" "My, my, straight to it, hmm?" A nostalgic smile spread across the Pureblood's face; she tilts her head to the right. "Haven't changed one bit. Always so serious when it comes to Nawin." Pulling her right leg to rest her arm on it, Karasu exhales a faint sigh. "Just spill it."

"He will be safe with Ophis, and she'll train him to become stronger to battle with Great Red. As much as I detest that Slithering Dragon, she will help Nawin's growth in the end," "Nawin-kun can't beat Great Red. Ophis is losing patients. A mole there informed me she intends to launch an attack on Great Red in the next two years. That's not enough time. Even if the entire Khaos Brigade launch war at the Apocalypse Dragon, it won't be enough. It is at its strongest while residing in the Dimension Gap." Karasu spares a glance back for a second. "Ophis will lead Nawin-kun to his death. She will use him along with the rest of Khaos Brigade to weaken Great Red, then she'll go in for the kill." A soft chuckle escapes the Pureblood's lip. "You underestimate the boy. You think Nawin will just bend over and follow Ophis's commend?" "... You are playing a perilous game with him, Sayomi" "Dismiss your anger. Ophis understands she'll sign her ending if anything happens to Nawin. He is the sole thing in this world that's holding me back from killing her."

"You should know," Sayomi glance back "I hate that things have to be this way for him. In the end, going to Ophis is his choice. And I say that's best for him to gain the necessary power to protect himself" "Like you know what's best for him, Sayomi" "... Excuse me?" Dracul's reply holds venom, "You want to repeat that one more time, Himejima?" Karasu's eyes sharpen dangerously at being called by that name. The air surrounding the two women begins growing fierce as the petals start levitating around them. "Don't make a repeat of the past... Unlike back then," Sayomi's glowing eyes glance back to stare straight at Karasu's violet orbs, "I'm no longer at a disadvantage."