Chapter 167: New Path, The Lost Sister

Hi everyone! It's been a while since the last update, and I'm really sorry about that! Many things have happened, and I also had a big writer's block that lasted a while. But after some time and a bit of rest, I was able to complete this chapter finally!

Though before I let all of you read the story, I want to say that I hope all of you are doing well right now with the current situation going on around the world with the Covid-19 pandemic. I won't try to act like an expert at those things, but do please listen to one to make sure you understand what to do to lower the risk of catching one. What I do know is we should all wash our hands regularly with soap and water or an alcohol-based solution. Avoid touching our faces and minimize going out now. So please take in mind of all of that as I don't want any of you to catch it. We will get through this together!

Now, I won't take up any more time from all of you! Here is the latest chapter, and I hope all of you enjoy it enough to make you forget about the stuff going on in the world, even if it is just for a short while!

A massive explosion erupts in the middle of an empty forest. Issei flies out of the smoke and lands on his feet, panting heavily as his body is littered with small cuts. Clenching his right hand to dispel the Rotation, Issei examines ahead as the smoke gets transparent to show a bottomless pit that used to be a flat land with a massive boulder.

Bending down and holding his knees to keep himself standing, Issei gulps in air as sweats continue to drip down his face. His shirt is entirely drenched. With Rias away and Hyoudou not really feeling like being around others, he decided to spend the day training his heart out. Getting stronger while also keeping his mind occupied. Releasing the knees to stand straight, Issei stretches his right arm to the side and opens the palm to charge up another Rotation.

"That Rotation will deplete your mana." Issei's emerald color eyes widen in stun by that unmistakable voice. He swiftly turns around to meet eyes with those alluring slit yellow eyes. "Hunter-sensei!" Issei exclaims with a bright grin and sprint forward to stop in front of the tall woman leaning by a tree. "Still reckless as ever," Hunter monotonously state, "Charging another Rotation with your current mana reserve would have left you unconscious." That hit Hyoudou, and he hangs his head low. "I'm all up for your constructive criticism, Sensei, but can't you at least be nicer about it? It's been a while since we've seen each other."

Going silent for a moment, Hunter examines Issei's eyes to see hidden frustration in them. "Reckless because of emotions... A rather novice mistake." Issei's face flinches, and he shifts gaze elsewhere. "A lot of stuff has happened lately." "No excuse. If your comrade got hurt in a battle and you go berserk, which leads you to be reckless... Will that help any of you?" "I got it!" Issei snaps and glares up at the woman. "Sorry, but I can't exactly block my emotions like you, alright?!" No retort needs to be made as the piercing gaze from the Archdevil is enough to make Issei flinch then looks down to the ground "... Sorry."

Exhaling a sigh, Hunter shakes her head. "You still have a long way to go, Issei." The student can only offer a nod in response. "Um... May I ask why you are visiting me, Sensei?" Hyoudou awkwardly moves to the next subject "I've brought some news," Hunter states, then pulls out a napkin, tossing it to Issei. "Use it to wipe the dirt and sweat off your face" "Oh, t-thanks, Sensei."

"So," Issei starts after finishing cleaning his face, looking up at Hunter. "What's the news?" "An Akumi member has been spotted in the Human World... More specifically seen leaving Tokyo." "Tokyo" Issei repeats, his tone turns serious by the mention of Akumi. "Tokyo is not far from Kuoh" "Precisely why I came to warn you. I can't confirm it, but one of them could be traveling here," "One?" Issei tilts his head, "I thought they normally travel in pairs." "My spies informed me this one was alone, which makes them more dangerous. This means this individual is strong enough to be allowed wandering alone."